Sure, we make mistakes...

/ Sure, we make mistakes... #1  

rjwerth

Gold Member
Tractor
DK50SE Cab
It's easy to make a mistake with your tractor...you lift something you shouldn't or go somewhere you shouldn't. The first thing you may think is...."if only I had a bigger _______(fill in the blank). Well, they don't make them any bigger than these things and yet, you can STILL lift something or go somewhere you shouldn't....enjoy.

/ Sure, we make mistakes... #2  
I recognized the machine in the first part of the video. That was the "Big Muskie". I say "was", because she was cut up for scrap in '99. With it's 220 cu. yd. buckets, she was the largest dragline in the world. The Muskie operated in the coal fields of SE Ohio, about 60 miles east of where I live. Two Greyhound buses, could be parked side by side in the bucket.

I had the priveledge of seeing it working, only weeks before it was permanantly shut down. Just so big, it kept breaking itself.

When the operator dumped a bucket of overburden, it sounded like thunder off in the distance.

They did save one bucket, and made a small roadside park, where tourists can stop and see just how big it really was. But the bucket compared to the size of the Muskie, was minute. One of those things, you just have to see, to believe.

There are more than several pages about it, if you do a search for 'Big Muskie". Pretty amazing, for an all electric powered machine. Complete with it's own machine shop, inside of itself.

/ Sure, we make mistakes... #4  
That was great! I enjoyed that. I can say one thing though, "I sure am glad I never make a mistake running equipment!" . . .John

Attachments

• Can You say OPSIE.jpg
    Can You say OPSIE.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 271
   / Sure, we make mistakes... #5  
That was great! I enjoyed that. I can say one thing though, "I sure am glad I never make a mistake running equipment!" . . .John

Now that's a compact tractor! Or could it be a new convertable model, for easy storage? :laughing: