T1400 Wiring Diagram

/ T1400 Wiring Diagram #1  

fredbear241

I'm trying to solve a starting problem.
Last year I replaced the ignition module & that fixed last years prob.

Now this year, I was mowing & stopped for lunch. After lunch I went to restart & it was dead. I have no power going to the black lead on the solenoid, when I turn the ign key. I checked the the rectifier, as it seems to fail the std test that I was sent last year.

But I don't really understand how a rectifier (for charging circuit) effects power getting to the solenoid. And since the rectifier is ~ A$150, Id like to eliminate all the kill/safety switches as being the cause. I've tried mapping out all the wires, but thought a factory diagram might be easier.

Anyone help me out with a wiring diagram for a T1400 please?

Many TIA

/ T1400 Wiring Diagram
Got no replies, however I still suspected the rectifier, so i paid the 150+tax+deliver => $200 and installed it.......it turned over breifly & then only a click, click.

I pulled the relay box apart, & cleaned the contacts. Yahoo....fired up & ran like a dream for 1/2hr of so.....
Headed out to paddock to start mowing....cutting great for an around 10mins, then it just died.

So 2 Questions - a) Does anyone have that wiring diagram for the T1400.

b) Are all Kubota tractors as 'fickle' & tempermental as the T1400? I'm planning to buy a small TLB shortly, (and if the T14400 was running trade it in). But my Kubota experience so far is less that pleasing, hence I've been looking at MF, JD & NH small TLB's rather than the BX23.

TIA for *ANY* feedback.

/ T1400 Wiring Diagram #3  
I'm not expert on your machine and I don't know how old it is or it's condition. But here is another idea. check your grounds. I have solved more then one mystery this way. a lost or corroded ground will give you fits. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ T1400 Wiring Diagram #4  
Haven't sold one of those in probably ten years now. Doesn't that have the Kawasaki engine, if so they were known for those rectifiers to fail and they do stop the engine from running. I was dumb founded when I first had it happen on a Ferris mower. Since seen it on the others too but it is not uncommon. I'd be hot wiring the solenoid to see what goes from there. I don't know if we have the wiring diagram or any of the books from the 1400 but will check.

/ T1400 Wiring Diagram
Many Thanks.....hope you have the diagram.
I think I got a 'lemon' when I bought the T1400 2nd hand from the prev property owner.

The earthing idea is one I'll check out this w/e. The T1400 is currently out in the paddock where it stopped.

I've heard befor re the Kawasaki idea, but I've not seen anything on the engine to confirm this. Only has Kubota stickers etc. It is a 14HP air cooled single cyl, vert crank, horiz cylinder pointing forward. Only elec start, no pull cord.

Hopefully I can get it running, at least enough to trade it in!.
But I'm not sure Orange is the colour for me.....unless the T1400 really was the Orange 'lemon', and all the current Orange models don't have potted electronic boxes. Based on the T1400 experience, I'd run a mile from the "intellipanel". I like KISS :)

/ T1400 Wiring Diagram
Hi art,
Any news / luck finding a wiring diagram? I did a quick check of the earths & all see OK. But a wiring diag would really help figure what wire goes where.

Many thx in advance

/ T1400 Wiring Diagram #7  
Sorry Fred but I forgot. I'll try to remember in the morning when I first get to the shop. Don't hesitate to e-mail me directly or to send me a message thru the board. Sorry.

/ T1400 Wiring Diagram
No probs, Many thx again
Fred