T2290 drive belt problem

/ T2290 drive belt problem #1  

logcabinsteve

Tractor
Kubota T2290
Our T2290 with 11.2 hours is without propulsion. While mowing it simply quit moving. Everything else, engine, PTO, lights, etc are good. Dealer on Saturday morning suggested to check rear drive belt. It was off the pulley. While getting it back on successfully the belt slipped out of something upstream toward the engine so it is not tight. There's slack.

Dealer sent schematic that shows belt needs to loop around a dogleg 6-8" from the front pulley. I cannot find it but someone on You Tube figured this out.

The vid illustrates two problems with the mower. One is to change the oil filter the whole front shroud thing must be removed. Yeah it's pretty tight.

The other thing is changing the drive belt. A lot of front end gear must be removed to get to a plate that must be removed to access belt replacement area. It appears I need access here too to position my drive belt. Vid said for his that's a 3 hour job. Before Kubota made an improvement it was an engine pull and 5 hours labor.

Vid says this is the 2020-21 new model. Looks like mine is the same. He returned his to the dealer based on this drive belt issue.

Finally, here is my question: I'm thinking I need to return mine too. Is this something that is easily done? I'm unable to contact the vid person so I can't ask how does one return a 2290?

Probably the dealership will take care of it but I wonder how often this might happen. Kinda disappointed Kubota didn't fix these issues after a couple years.

/ T2290 drive belt problem #2  
Thanks for sharing since I have a 2022 T2290, and now I am very concerned.

/ T2290 drive belt problem
This kinda makes me long for winter, no mowing.

/ T2290 drive belt problem #4  
Thankfully I have not had and issues so far, and mine is still under warranty.

/ T2290 drive belt problem
Thanks for sharing since I have a 2022 T2290, and now I am very concerned.
I got a happy ending I guess. Dealership picked the mower up and it was quickly fixed with a new drive belt. A wheel got adjusted which apparently caused wear on the drive belt. The front end did not require dismantling as described in the YT vid. They described their method as "trade secrets" or something. My worries were soothed by assurance of the 4 year warranty and a 1 year extension if desired. The mower lives on and given the state of our property it performs beautifully.

/ T2290 drive belt problem #6  
I got a happy ending I guess. Dealership picked the mower up and it was quickly fixed with a new drive belt. A wheel got adjusted which apparently caused wear on the drive belt. The front end did not require dismantling as described in the YT vid. They described their method as "trade secrets" or something. My worries were soothed by assurance of the 4 year warranty and a 1 year extension if desired. The mower lives on and given the state of our property it performs beautifully.
Great news. So did you have to pay for the extended warranty, or did Kubota give it to you?