TA-170

/ TA-170 #1  

lonestar6

Tractor
Kioti DK45
The TA-170 all-inclusive package is priced at $7,060. This loader package is designed to work great with your tractor. The TA-170 package includes the loader, 60 Bucket, a custom set of Mounting Brackets, Hose Kit, valve & joystick, and the patented Power Mount system to install and remove your loader in less than 2 minutes without any tools or stands.

Whatyou see above in red is a $ quote I got from Westendorf....it's a bit pricey for me. I'm not sure what path to go down. Single, double skeleton bucket etc. My head was hurting from over analyzing.....I'm a weekend warrior to do clearing, not an everyday user. Any recommedations would be appreciated!!! Thank you for the reply. :thumbsup:

/ TA-170 #2  
Hi. :wave:

I hope you don't mind, but I moved your post around a bit. I thought you might get more answers over in the buying, pricing and comparisons section.

/ TA-170
Hi. :wave:

I hope you don't mind, but I moved your post around a bit. I thought you might get more answers over in the buying, pricing and comparisons section.

:confused3:Thank you Catherine....I don't mind at all. This is my first time at using a forum of ANY kind & I'm prone to making "rookie mistakes". Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.....:ashamed:

/ TA-170 #4  
Have you priced a factory loader for your tractor ? Curious what that might be compared to this one.

/ TA-170
Have you priced a factory loader for your tractor ? Curious what that might be compared to this one.

Thank you for the response. I should have been more specific in my original post. I guess my own ignorance assumes all of you know what I have!!! I DO have a 72" bucket/loader on my Kioti. I'm new to the world of grapples & tractors & have been comparing skeleton vs bucket grapple vs bucket thumb, something that will work within my budget. I have an accumulation of downed tree tops & logs that existed when I purchased the property, (it had been logged 10 yrs.earlier). The option of using the bucket with the grapple (or thumb w/bucket) is somewhat unappealing due to the amount of dirt & debris the bucket would also gather, not to mention hidden stumps I'm sure I'll find. I guess I'm looking for advice from one of you folks who has better experience or knowledge.
Thanks everyone for the views & I look forward to enjoying more of the interesting, informative subjects on the forum.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
:drumstick:

/ TA-170 #6  
My understanding is the TA-170 is a complete loader for your tractor. That's why the price is so high as its not just an attachment.

Removing stumps can be a lot of long days with a tractor depending on the size and amount you need to remove. My first thought would be to hire a dozer to clear them if there are a lot of them. The time and wear saved would be worth it in the long run. I do sometimes dig them out with my tractors with the backhoe attachments but most often I use my big international backhoe for anything substantial and when a hole field needs cleared after a logging job the Dresser gets pulled out of moth balls because a tracked loader or dozer will always make the job go faster.

Before buying anything I would make sure it isn't better to hire the job out and use the tractor to do the finish work after.

I think in this case a better description of the task at hand would allow others to chime in with advice as well. Maybe a picture of the landscape to be worked or an estimate on how many and the size of the stumps to be removed?