Buying Advice Tachometer got TO 35 gas engine

/ Tachometer got TO 35 gas engine #1  

tmar04

Silver Member
Tractor
YM 276
My TO 35 came without a tachometer. Can someone point me in right direction to locate one that will work electrically. My generator has been replaced with one wire alternator.

/ Tachometer got TO 35 gas engine #2  
My TO 35 came without a tachometer. Can someone point me in right direction to locate one that will work electrically. My generator has been replaced with one wire alternator.

Try Yesterday's Tractors, There is a lot more info on the Ferguson TO Series there.

Since it's a gas tractor, you might consider just getting a regular electronic tach. It hard to find one with 0-3000 rpm scale on it however. Most are 8000 rpm and up. I used done one when I had my TO-30. look at the actron web site or just google "tachometers".

/ Tachometer got TO 35 gas engine #3  
My 1955 TO-35 has the original " tractor-o- meter" ( or some name close to that) in the dash, but it doesn't function since the generator has been replaced by an alternator. I bought a small digital readout tachometer for under $30 that I attached to the dash . I use the same type tach on my riding mower, and it also shows engine hours. ( Tiny Tach is one name brand , but there are similar less expensive versions , on , for instance, Amazon.com) . ) If, however, your dash has an empty hole where the original tractor-o-meter was, the VDO 333-199 mentioned in the above post by K7LM would be a nice choice. There is also an alternator available ( last seen on eBay) that has a mechanical drive at the rear so that an original type cable operated tractor-o-meter can be used. That's getting a bit expensive, however. Or, you can buy a reproduction tractor-o-meter to put into the dash to look nice, but use the small digital tach for the actual rpm reading.