Talked out of a CK20 by dealer

/ Talked out of a CK20 by dealer #21  
Re: Talked out of a CK20 by dealer

I have never used a GC2310, but I am happy with my CK20H.

I suspect that the power to weight advantage that your dealer was talking about would mainly result in spinning tires when trying to pull stumps with the Massey.

The CK20 will not stall and is not underpowered. Not when it is in low range, at least. I agree that a mid-range would be nice, but low and high are adequate for most uses.

/ Talked out of a CK20 by dealer #22  

I have never used a GC2310, but I am happy with my CK20H.

I suspect that the power to weight advantage that your dealer was talking about would mainly result in spinning tires when trying to pull stumps with the Massey.

The CK20 will not stall and is not underpowered. Not when it is in low range, at least. I agree that a mid-range would be nice, but low and high are adequate for most uses.

/ Talked out of a CK20 by dealer #23  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Keep in mind this was at 2100 RPMs. I raised it to 2600 by curiosity )</font>

I have to ask - as I'm learning... And I have seen it in a bunch of other posts - what's magically about 2100 RPMs?

/ Talked out of a CK20 by dealer #24  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Keep in mind this was at 2100 RPMs. I raised it to 2600 by curiosity )</font>

I have to ask - as I'm learning... And I have seen it in a bunch of other posts - what's magically about 2100 RPMs?

/ Talked out of a CK20 by dealer #25  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have to ask - as I'm learning... And I have seen it in a bunch of other posts - what's magically about 2100 RPMs? )</font>

Nothing really, that is just what I heard others were running at in similar machines. Now I use 2600 rpms and it makes such a noticable difference in speed and power, that I only use a lower rpm for easy travel and tight manuevering around the house.

/ Talked out of a CK20 by dealer #26  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have to ask - as I'm learning... And I have seen it in a bunch of other posts - what's magically about 2100 RPMs? )</font>

Nothing really, that is just what I heard others were running at in similar machines. Now I use 2600 rpms and it makes such a noticable difference in speed and power, that I only use a lower rpm for easy travel and tight manuevering around the house.

/ Talked out of a CK20 by dealer #27  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have to ask - as I'm learning... And I have seen it in a bunch of other posts - what's magically about 2100 RPMs?)</font>
Different RPM give different results from the hydrualic flow as well as the reaction of your implements to the flow.

Operate a BH at 2600, and you'll probably find it swings too fast, but digs great. Loader functions are faster as well at 2600 than at 2100 as you are pushing fluid through the pump at a faster rate.

For general operations, 2600 is not necessary, and wastes fuel. The thing to keep in mind is to set the RPM to what is good to get the job at hand done without being too low, or needlessly high.

Too low and you can lug the engine ( a state where the engine speed is dragged down and giving more throttle doesn't help speed it up) which is bad for the engine. Too high as I've described, wastes fuel and in certain cases causes less control.

In a break in situation, it's good to operated through all speeds variably, and try not to lug the tractor.

When you hear the engine being frequently dragged down, up the RPM to a better setting.

John

/ Talked out of a CK20 by dealer #28  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have to ask - as I'm learning... And I have seen it in a bunch of other posts - what's magically about 2100 RPMs?)</font>
Different RPM give different results from the hydrualic flow as well as the reaction of your implements to the flow.

Operate a BH at 2600, and you'll probably find it swings too fast, but digs great. Loader functions are faster as well at 2600 than at 2100 as you are pushing fluid through the pump at a faster rate.

For general operations, 2600 is not necessary, and wastes fuel. The thing to keep in mind is to set the RPM to what is good to get the job at hand done without being too low, or needlessly high.

Too low and you can lug the engine ( a state where the engine speed is dragged down and giving more throttle doesn't help speed it up) which is bad for the engine. Too high as I've described, wastes fuel and in certain cases causes less control.

In a break in situation, it's good to operated through all speeds variably, and try not to lug the tractor.

When you hear the engine being frequently dragged down, up the RPM to a better setting.

John

/ Talked out of a CK20 by dealer #29  

Sounds like you need to be turned on to another dealer...............not another machine /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Talked out of a CK20 by dealer #30  

Sounds like you need to be turned on to another dealer...............not another machine /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif