tc 40D

/ tc 40D #1  

Lee

I am going to be putting out for bids on a new tractor and the tc 40d was one of them I was looking at. It will spend about 75% of it's time on turf moving dirt,fertilizing,ariatting ball fields,and 25% for snow removel on asphalt, and grading parking lots. I was wondering what tires I should spec. for this combination.

/ tc 40D #2  
I'm looking at the same rig. Hard to get the spec's on them around here. Keep us informed on what you find.
On the tires, I have never used them but the local golf course uses a "Bar tread" that is a little more aggressive than a turf but less than the R-4 industrials. The bar is as wide or wider than the R-4 and is run with low psi. This is the tractor they use for sanding and has a lite footprint for the finished fairways. Chains would be a easy add on if the snow got too deep.

"What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

/ tc 40D #3  
Lee,

While R4 Industrial tires would be a logical choice for an average mix of chores, I would think about going with turf tires for the following reasons:

With a tractor the size of the TC40, R4 tires may cause more damage to your turf than you would like. It sounds like this is for a school/field type of use. It is probably part of the job to keep the turf in good shape, and an R4 tire with the weight of a TC40 on it might just tear that turf up a little too much. However, long stretches of straight-line mowing/driving would reduce that, as R4 tires have been known to be rough mainly on turns. But, only you can decide that, so it is probably a good idea to demo one with R4 tires, first.

Also, it sounds like your needs for high traction will be less than low-damage. You can add a set of chains for traction in snow if you choose turf tires.

I hope this helps,

<font color=blue>>></font color=blue>Muhammad
<font color=blue>Forum Master</font color=blue>