tc 45 da vs tc 48 da

/ tc 45 da vs tc 48 da #1  

boomerfun

What is the best chose
In first case for mowing but straight lines and only a few trees.
And FEL work ( a bit and not in narrow places ) clutch wear??????
and at least tillage (6 foot and 8 inch deep)

/ tc 45 da vs tc 48 da #2  
For mowing, tilling, etc... I would go 45da... It has the option of being hydro ? I believe so, where I know the 48 does not.

Those operations sound like you need a Hydro.

FEL still requires a reply, but I have not enough knowledge on the 45da to comment.

/ tc 45 da vs tc 48 da #3  
Without knowing the size of your playground, and the fact I have only had my TC45DA for less than a month, I can tell you the TC45DA is a hydro.

I find the FEL very manourerable and it functions great .(once you get the hang of it) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve

/ tc 45 da vs tc 48 da #4  
now i have a tce 50 and before this i had a tc 45da
i've the same needs as boomerfun only no fel work.
The manual transmission is no problem for me, i mow the most of the time straight lines but i mow in narrow places too, put my rpm at 1500 and take a low gear en let's do it
With my tc 45 i mowed here at the speed of 1 turtle
But in europe there is a big difference between some NH products.
I could buy a tce 50 + cab for the pirice of a tc 40 da with SS
so hydro is maybe a bit easier but after a time of practice a gear drive transmission is nearly as easy as a hydro
i am happy with mine.
BTW if you drive straight lines you will use the cruise control i guess, so it is +- the same as chose a gear and drive

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
if you have more questions about it everyone may ask it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ tc 45 da vs tc 48 da #5  
btw: the hydro of the tc 45 da is very good, but there are a lot of cons
i don't now your situation but if you have a little mower you could mow around the trees.

btw have maybe a look at the landini mistral = Nh tce

/ tc 45 da vs tc 48 da
I saw that my post was a bit strange
so i will repeat it:
New boomer: TC 45 da or a tc 48 da
- in first case for mowing on long srtaight lines, with a few trees, and i mow around the trees with my zero-turn ==> no shifting game around my trees /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
the other work is work for gears /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif tilling, transport,hay making,...
I prefer the tc 48 da because it is more tractor as the tc 45

Conclusion: i will only know something about the transmission, and is my opinion about the tc 48 true

/ tc 45 da vs tc 48 da #7  
Well it depends on what you are mowing. I like the 45 for it's being more lightweight (If I recall correctly). As far as tilling, I prefer Hydro for that application.

Ground Engaging I do like Low Gears with a bigger heavier tractor. Plowing etc.

I think Jinman once had a good discussion on the FEL comparisons between the two....

Personally I believe the heavier tractor is not good for most people. It has a hard footprint on the ground, it is a bigger pain to haul, etc...

But to each his own....

/ tc 45 da vs tc 48 da #8  
I agree with you.
I like my 16*16 more as my hydro because it's a lot more fun to drive with the 16*16. You have a foot accelerator... and using your clutch and shift from forward to reverse is very easy.
When i used my hydro i used always the cruise control at the end so what is use of a hydro??? a modern transmission like my 16*16 is nearly as easy as a hydro and you have a lot of pros like a foot accelerator, and otherwise you will use the cruise control or you will be very busy to control the pedal by driving at a rough underground.

/ tc 45 da vs tc 48 da #9  
Ohhh, would you stop rubbing my nose in that sweet 16/16 trans you have in you TCE. I wish NH offered that option here in the states. My NH TC48DA would be a better tractor with another 4 lower gears. I calculated your 16/16, and your slowest speed is: 250 meters/hour = .155 mph. Swheeeeeeeeet! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif