TC21

/ TC21 #1  

MRAPP

Just got a TC21 a couple weeks ago. When I first start it, it smokes quite a bit. Is this common? Also I had a loader installed and the smoke builds up on the mount. Is there a turnout that I can get for the exhaust that will blow away from the loader mount?

/ TC21 #2  
Do you mean one big puff of smoke, several seconds worth, or even more?

Mark

/ TC21 #3  
The Ford 2120 I use is pretty similar behaving as yours. I have to assume it is normal. We now have the exhaust out the back which I don't care for because if your using the boxscraper and move dry dirt it makes far to much dust. We had the exhaust going forward and that seemed to be best, but we still have black carbon that won't come off the loader. I do think that the diesels on some of the New Holland/Fords just run a little sootier. The 2120 even has a catalytic converter but we still have plenty of soot. The motor has 410 hours on it. Since the smoke is primarily soot, it is not an indication of any ongoing problems since it is from the fuel and not related to oil/water leaks. Rat...

/ TC21 #4  
Ask the mechanic were you got it from,there should be a smoke screw that they can ajust.
Tom

/ TC21 #5  
MRAPP,

I have owned a TC18 for almost a year and I only get a puff of smoke upon start-up. If you think it's more than that, I'd check with the dealer!

At work we have a JD4200 and they had the front exhaust changed to an upright stack because the exhaust went right onto the front-mounted snowblower, then back at the operator!

Good Luck...Go BLUE!

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ TC21 #6  
I have a Kubota L345DT that does the same thing,the loader arm is black.
Tom

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by tbarber55 on 6/9/00 06:54 PM.</FONT></P>

/ TC21 #7  
It does strike me as odd that some tractor exhausts blacken the loader boom arms and others don't. When I had the 1995 B7100, the exhaust pipe was sraight up, so it seemed that the exhaust should have stayed away from the loader arm except when it was raised up high; however, it got blackened pretty quick, even though you wouldn't have noticed any visible smoke. Now with the B2710 and the exhaust down low, the only smoke I see is the little puff when it starts, and the loader arm is staying clean.

Bird

/ TC21 #8  
Tom, maybe you need to adjust the "smoke screw" on the L345DT as well. Rat
P.S. what is a 345DT, is that a small tractor like the TC21?

/ TC21 #9  
It's 34.5 HP I think it's 30 HP at the PTO.
On my 1220 there is a screw that can be adjusted,it's on the fuel pump the mechanic called it a smoke screw.The tractor is put on a dyno,then they adjust it.
Tom

/ TC21 #10  
Hello Tom, typically there is a means to adjust fuel delivery from the fuel pump. Since the fuel pump delivers fuel at a given pressure, it is about the only way for fuel quantity to be changed. After that, your only recourse is to adjust timing and ensure that the injectors are producing a uniform spray with no droplets. The injector breaks the diesel into a very fine mist thereby allowing better combustion by allowing more oxygen to all of the diesel. One other thing to note, running a diesel "rich" causes it to run hot whereas a gas engine thats run "rich" runs cooler. Rat...