TC21D/TC25D

/ TC21D/TC25D #1  

cwgreen1

Greetings ! I'm looking at all brands of tractors. Interested in comments on these two from current owners and an Idea of pricing. I've looked at Kubota and John Deere both. I have not had an opportunity to look at the TC series as the local Dealer does not have any in stock at this time. I plan on purchasing a loader and rear blade and finnish mower to take care of 8 acres ( mostley wooded at this time) and maintain a 1/4 mile of road. Definitely will require 4WD (lots of Hills). Thanks in advance. Chuck

/ TC21D/TC25D #2  
I am taking delivery of my new TC45D today, can't believe that. Just some little advice, drive all 3 tractors, compare all 3 tractors, and get the one that best suites your needs. Also, see how all 3 handle, and feel when in the operator's seat. Also, make sure the dealer demonstrates attachments, and how to hook-up the loader and disconnect it. Also, if you get the loader, and you disconnect it to mow with, make sure you disconnect it on a hard surface like drive way, or concrete pad. Dirt tends to sink when wet, and this makes it a lot harder to hook the loader up I bet. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ TC21D/TC25D #3  
CW,
I've had my TC 25 with 7308 loader about 3 weeks now. Like you, have 8 acres, mostly wooded. The TC 25 is a great tractor, but I will never mow with it. I have too many trees, rocks, and hills in my yard and cannot imagine maneuvering around them, especially with the loader on. I looked at both the TC 21 and 25 (no hydro) and there was only about $1000 difference from the TC 21 to TC 25, This included getting the larger loader (5' bucket vs 4') and the much larger tractor (2300# vs 1200#). My dearler even said he couldn't believe the prices when he looked them up. In northern VA I paid about $14,500 for the TC 25 with 7308 loader. The TC 21 and loader would have been around $13,500. My wife even INSISTED that I get the bigger NH since the prices were so close. Good luck with your purchase.