tc29da or tc33da? Anyone have any pictures???

/ tc29da or tc33da? Anyone have any pictures??? #1  

horstuff

Bronze Member
Hi. I am in crunch mode here, I need to tell my dealer something soon, he has been way cool and let me have a tc24d and a tc29d at my house for TWO WEEKS!!. I thought that was great of him. But now, I must decide, and I want the bigger frame, but also want the curved loader, so it will have to be a tc29da or tc33da. Even though I like the styling on the d's better, the new loader is worth looking at the da's. My question: does anybody have input on the diff between these two (29 vs. 33)? I know the hp diff, but I have flat land now and the 29 would probably be fine and my dealer would have to order a 33 (he has a 29 in stock). The price diff is $700.00, which could theoretically buy an implement. I have post holes to dig, move topsoil and gravel, rake, clear a bit with the boxblade. Of course, I don't want to undersize myself, but if the 33 weighs much more than the 29, that would make me want the 29, maybe.

Also, any good pics of these two on the web anywhere? Thanks.

/ tc29da or tc33da? Anyone have any pictures??? #2  
On the D series, the 2 weigh the same, according to the old brochure I have. I have no idea on the DA series. But if you want the curved loader, wait on a DA.
Besides I like the new look /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just my 2 cents, toss back change if you want /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ tc29da or tc33da? Anyone have any pictures??? #3  
For $700 go for the higher hp. You'll never regret it.

Andy

/ tc29da or tc33da? Anyone have any pictures??? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I know the hp diff, but I have flat land now and the 29 would probably be fine and my dealer would have to order a 33 (he has a 29 in stock). )</font>

The TC33DA is a 91 Cu. in. engine instead of the 81 cu. in. for the TC29DA. The NH spec. sheet doesn't list torque differences, but you said you already know the HP difference, but did you check the PTO HP difference? Thats 3.3 more PTO HP for the TC33DA. Another way to look at it is that you are getting a little over 10% more HP for only about a 5% increase in price.

You can "beat yourself up" with statistics, but if you think you would be happy with the TC29DA, you could get some pretty nice options like remote valves for the $700 and those might be more useful in the long run than that few extra HP.

I pretty much think that if you covered the decal on the side of the tractor, you'd have a hard time telling the difference on a day-to-day basis. I think I'd go for the TC29DA. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif