TC30?

/ TC30? #1  

Eric_Phillips

Platinum Member
Tractor
FarmTrac 270DTC
Anyone have experience with the TC30? I just bought 11 acres of used farm land. We have built the house now need to put in the lawn and pasture and barn for the horses. I have also been looking at the JD 4210, Cub cadet 7530 and FarmTrac 270DTC. Any thoughts on how the TC30 stands up to these other makes?

Thanks,
Eric

/ TC30? #2  
I looked at the TC 30...nice machine, but ended up going with a Deere 790. My decision was based upon previous experience with Deere (I'd owned a Deere 670 which was traded toward the 790) and the front axle of the Deere appeared more robust then the TC-30's axle.

There is a fair number of TBNer's that own TC 30's. You might want to do a search using that as a keyword.

You might also want to look at the Deere 790.

/ TC30? #3  
What type trani are you looking for? If you want a hydro, I think the TC-30 is the most bang for the buck (that's the conclusion I came to, anyway.) If you're going gear, things become a little more fuzzy. The FarmTracs seem to offer a lot of tractor for the money but my dealer made some promises I really couldn't trust ("Don't worry about parts availability. There's a huge new distribution facility going in soon"). I wish I could comment on Deere, but when I was shopping and stopped at the dealership, I got the distinct impression that I was interfering with their day.
Summary: I'm very happy with my TC-30 HST as a tractor, for the value, and for the dealer response.

/ TC30? #4  
I own a TC30 HST and love it. I have a bad back and hip and it's very easy to drive. I bush hog about 12 acres and it takes about 4 hours. There is an optional speed lock available according to the manual that once you reach the speed you want you engage it and it's like cruise control. I'm thinking about getting it in the future along with some other implements that I need.

Attachments

• 653588-P4160020.jpg
    653588-P4160020.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 169
   / TC30?
I was planning on going gear instead of HST, it's a money thing. I am sure once I get the tractor I will wished for the HST but we will see. I will takt a look at the JD790. What is the difference between these 90 series and the ten series tractors? Maybe I should go up to the JD forum for that question.

Thanks,
Eric

/ TC30? #6  
Welcome Eric, I bought a TC30 gear tractor with toys this spring. Only have 30 odd hours on it but so far seems to be great. After using a D17 (50+ hp) the past few years one of my fears was that a 30hp tractor wouldn't have enough power. Well let me tell you the TC30 pulls like a higher hp machine! Nope it won't out pull the D17 but it's stronger then I expected. I looked at JD and Kubota but for what I wanted and price the TC30 was the best choice. Nothing against any of the other brands but you won't be sorry with the TC30.

/ TC30? #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was planning on going gear instead of HST, it's a money thing. I will take a look at the JD790. What is the difference between these 90 series and the ten series tractors? Maybe I should go up to the JD forum for that question.

Thanks,
Eric )</font>

The x90 tractors are very basic...all gear transmissions and a rather old design (at least to the 80's). They're quite simple machines. All steel too, if that means anything to you.

The 4xxx series machines have more comfort options. The closest 4xxx series machine to the 790 is the 4210. I've read a lot of posts discussing the lack of power with the 4210. It's about the same horsepower as the 790, but weighs 500-600 pounds more. If I were looking at a 4xxx series machine, it would be the 4310. Just enough power for the size of the tractor.

I like the simplicity of the 790. It's pretty light and the hydraulic capacity is not as high as the newer designs ( including the TC 30), but is quite...more then adequate for my needs.

I don't know which machine you'll end up with, but at least compare the 790 with the TC30.

/ TC30? #8  
I bought a TC 30 about 18 months ago and it has proved to be a real workhorse for my 10 acres. When I was shopping for my tractor, I looked at the JD 790 and found it to be a solid machine. My neighbor has one and he is very happy with it. However, I wanted a hydro (not available in the 790) and also when comparing the two machines I found that the TC 30 had a heavier 3pt hitch lift capacity and disc brakes. Both are great “no frills” tractors but considering my needs and desires at the time, I haven’t regretted my decision one bit!

/ TC30? #9  
I purchased my TC 30 gear last Jun and has been using it to prepare my 10 acres for house, barn, and horses. I'm up to 75 hours of seat time (my day job still keeps my cheeks out of the seat way too much /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif), and it has been a workhorse.

Before buying, I looked at similar green, orange, Chinese, and Indian tractors. I went blue due to the overall features and capabilities, coupled with price and service availability (I do not care to spend too much time under the tractor -- the seat's a whole lot more fun). I just liked the blue tractor better -- no disrespect to the other machines.

When I purchased the tractor I also bought a toothbar (indispensable), box blade, and landscape rake. Now that my pastures are greening up, I have added a King Kutter (from TSC) rotary cutter.

So far, this rig has done everything I have asked of it, and it has been reasonably easy on the wallet. I have had no maintenance issues whatsoever, and did the 50 hour service myself (saving about $250). /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ TC30? #10  
I bought a gear TC 30 at the end of summer last year. I looked at several other tractors and went with this tractor based on cost and the dealer. You will not go wrong with a TC 30. I also got a FEL and a rear blade. I have found the FEL to be a huge help. If I could go back, I would have gotten the hydro version. I have had no problems with the gear drive, but hydro would be so much better in tight places.