TC33D ignition switch replacement

/ TC33D ignition switch replacement #1  

RavenRock6

I need to replace my ignition switch and have read that the OEM switches are not as good as aftermarket switches. I bought a good 4-position switch from NAPA but cannot figure out how to connect the 4 wires from the harness to the switch. Apparently, I'm not functionally literate in "wiring diagram". Since the wires immediately disappear into the main harness, following them doesn't work either. I could get the instrument panel to illuminate, the glow plug light to light and go out indicating that (I hope) the glow plug relay was functioning, and the starter to turn, but the engine wouldn't fire. Fuses are all good. Any help out there?

Tom

/ TC33D ignition switch replacement
Rog, that's exactly what I was looking for though I think I tried that and it would crank but not start (had to abandon the ignition project to fix the hot water line in the basement...haven't used words like that since I was a tanker in the Army). I'll try it again and post the results.

Tom

/ TC33D ignition switch replacement #4  
I replaced my defective switch with a generic one from the FLAPS.. works fine. Just had to cut the OE end off and crimp on some new terminal rings..

/ TC33D ignition switch replacement
Thx Ford850, the Case link was exactly correct. Wired it up, cranked it and drove it back out of the woods. Good thing since it's now snowing...

Kris, God bless you my friend. My dealer warned me to make sure the bolts were secure on my Rhino loader's subframe or I'd break my tractor in half. Is your 33 still in the ICU?

/ TC33D ignition switch replacement #6  
Hey thanks.. There is no subframe on this loader... There's the rear mounts which attach to the fat part of the tractor, and the front mounts, which attach to the tractor's own framework at the front of the machine. That's it. The engine block IS the subframe.

/ TC33D ignition switch replacement #7  
RavenRock6,
I'm glad you got it started. We have 4 or 5 inches of snow this morning. Barely enough to play in but I did anyway.

/ TC33D ignition switch replacement #8  
From a page in the service manual:

TC33Dignitionswitchdiagram.jpg

/ TC33D ignition switch replacement #9  
Where can I find a 4 position switch for 1725 new Holland

/ TC33D ignition switch replacement #10