Security & Theft TC34DA kill switch for anti-theft

/ TC34DA kill switch for anti-theft #11  
Heck, set of needle nosed pliers used to work on all the Cat Equipment.:D

/ TC34DA kill switch for anti-theft #12  
still will if the lock cyl has any wear on it.

a nail pounded flat or a small screwdriver will turn over those ford/lucas key ignitions.. on my 3000 you can start it then pull the key out and go start another.. :)

soundguy

/ TC34DA kill switch for anti-theft #13  
In the end, a jumper cable will defeat that... I think I'd go with a good insurance policy. if someone want's yor stuff.. they will get your stuff. Once started with the jump cable bypass.. they could use a 6" piece of wire to jump the cutout enough to let the 'elecricals' run.

soundguy

I could not agree with you more.:thumbsup: A disconnect switch in the fuel solenoid power line would be less likely to be found by an amateur. You could also put an open switch in the operator safety system (like the seat switch) that would kill the engine. These would be very easy to mechanize with an inexpensive switch and less hazardous than a 300 amp switch. Both of these methods are only good for drive-away theft. If they come with a winch trailer, they can load the tractor and take it away without ever trying to start it. Insurance is your only protection for this.

/ TC34DA kill switch for anti-theft #14  
yep. I bet using a good relay setup, you could have a hidden switch, even a key-op one, that operated a set of safety switches. as you say though. only works against casual theft. roll back or even a car dolley will get it if they want it.

sad state of affairs these days.

soundguy

/ TC34DA kill switch for anti-theft #15  
Congrats on your new machine, which I am sure will outlast both you and I.
I bought a 4060 in April, and keep it outdoors, on rual property, until I can get the oubuildings and house in place.
I too am concerned with damage and theft and here is what I found out:
Firstly, in Wisconsin, your homeowners Insurance policy will cover the tractor as personal property, regardless of where it is stored, even out of state.
(There are exceptions, such as , if there is a house on the property where it it stored, that you own, then that home owners policy covers the tractor.
Same with valdalizm .
What I do, is park it next to my neighbors out building, as he has video servailance and motion lights.
After my out bulding is in place, I have hidden "Game Cameras' and I will keep my fingers crossed.
Good luck on your new machine.
Johno Geo