3-Point Hitch TC35 3pt not working

/ TC35 3pt not working #1  

jjbath

Silver Member
Tractor
TC35
My 3pt hitch just stopped working. It goes up but only if I set the rpms above 2000 and it won't lift a 4ft mower. The PTO is working fine as well.

The FEL seems to work fine. I left it all the way up overnight and it didn't drop at all but nothing was attached to it.

Any ideas? My first step will be to replace the hyd filter but since the FEL is working fine I'm not sure that is it.

Thanks in advance.

/ TC35 3pt not working #2  
Do you have any rear remotes? If one of them is engaged and "dead-heading" it will dump the 3pt hitch hydraulics and prevent lifting.

/ TC35 3pt not working #3  
Does the 3 pt leak down when you turn the tractor off, with a load or without a load?
Sounds more like the 3 pt cylinder is leaking through the seal. The FEL has its own seals independant of the rear 3 point. They only use the same pump, so if the FEL is working the pump is working. You are probably in the early stages, as the leak becomes bigger the 3 point will leak down with no load.

/ TC35 3pt not working
FIXED!!

I called my dealer to get a new filter and I mentioned the problem with the 3pt. He said that unfortunately his expert mechanic had left for the day. While he was looking up the filter and the price on 5gal of F200 hyd. oil his mechanic happend to stop by.

He put him on the phone and I described the problem. He said it definitely was not the 3pt seals and couldn't be a relief valve since the loader was working. I asked if he thought it could be the filter and he said not likely as again the loader was working fine. Then he said there is a somewhat common issue where a plug in the FEL loader valve would sometimes back out and the 3pt would stop working. He said he had seen quite a few do this.

So I immediatley went out and took a look. If you pull off the rubber boot on FEL control there is a 7/8" plug. If you take it out there is a hex head plug under it. If it works loose the 3pt will not work. Sure enough that was my problem. Now its working perfectly