3-Point Hitch TC40D rear hydraulic lift arms won't raise.

/ TC40D rear hydraulic lift arms won't raise. #1  

Tractorganic

Silver Member
Tractor
NH/TC40D SS; BCS 850, Brush Mower, Sulky, 'Tiller, Chipper, Snow Blower; JD X570-48-A
My rear hydraulic lift arms won't raise. I've tried adjusting the valve on the floor on front of seat to no avail. Fluid is topped off. Manual didn't give an answer that I could find. Will this mean sending it to the $hop??

/ TC40D rear hydraulic lift arms won't raise. #2  
My rear hydraulic lift arms won't raise. I've tried adjusting the valve on the floor on front of seat to no avail. Fluid is topped off. Manual didn't give an answer that I could find. Will this mean sending it to the $hop??

There is a hose on a quick disconnect under the operator platform (right side) that gets swapped out when I mount the BH and disables the 3PH. Make sure it hasn't been knock loose.

Also might help to have a little more info - what you had been doing with the tractor before it stopped working, etc.

/ TC40D rear hydraulic lift arms won't raise. #3  
Did your 3PH stop functioning suddenly? Do you have rear remotes and do they work? If neither your rear remotes or 3PH work, you may have a dislodged Power Beyond plug in your joystick valve. The loader is the only thing that works when this plug is dislodged.

The valve under your seat has nothing whatsoever to do with the 3PH raising. It only adjusts how fast the 3PH lowers when you move the lever down.

Here is a photo with a green circle around the hex-head cover that you should remove and check for plug loose. The illustration may also be helpful. As Barry said, you surely need to give more descriptive info and details of what works and what doesn't.

JoystickPlug-1.jpgJoystickPlug.jpg

/ TC40D rear hydraulic lift arms won't raise.
Thanks IHFARM and JINMAN, I found the quick disconnect hose disconnected and fixed it. I have always had trouble with this connection, squeezing and pushing with one hand at such a difficult angle, but now with rotator cuff probs it is excruciating. Also I didn't know the FEL would work with this connection compromised, so I didn't even look there. I'm grateful not to be hauling her to the $hop!

/ TC40D rear hydraulic lift arms won't raise. #5  
Thank You!
New Holland TC40 3 point just quit working, Loader worked fine.
This is a 10+ year old post, I want to say thanks to post #3! I have been stuck with my 3 point not lifting for 3+ months.
I pulled the 3 pt lift assembly off the tractor, tore down replaced a few o-rings. Reinstalled still didn't work. I was about to spend $850.00
on a valve.. I found this post, the set screw backed out. I am So Happy, problem solved! :)

Attachments

• 20230506_145136a.jpg
    20230506_145136a.jpg
    549.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 20240315_135920a.jpg
    20240315_135920a.jpg
    729.6 KB · Views: 48