TC45D Temp Gauge

/ TC45D Temp Gauge #1  

BreezyRidgeTim

Tractor
New Holland TC45D
The temp gauge on my TC45D is slow to move into the green working range. This appeared to happen just after topping off the cooling reservoir tank, before then the gauge worked normally. This may have nothing to do with the slow gauge, but it was the only thing that changed. After 15 to 20 minutes the gauge moves into the lower part of the working range. Tractor is running well, not overheating, but gauges not working correctly drive me nuts. Thanks!

/ TC45D Temp Gauge #2  
The temp gauge on my TC45D is slow to move into the green working range. This appeared to happen just after topping off the cooling reservoir tank, before then the gauge worked normally. This may have nothing to do with the slow gauge, but it was the only thing that changed. After 15 to 20 minutes the gauge moves into the lower part of the working range. Tractor is running well, not overheating, but gauges not working correctly drive me nuts. Thanks!

Not all gauges are calibrated exactly the same or maintain their calibration as the sender ages. Couple that with minor corrosion of wires and contacts and your gauge might not read exactly the same specially with all the varying external conditions. I'd recommend that you invest in an infrared Thermometer and figure out if your gauge adequately represent temp at he block, radiator (inlet/outlet). You can also find out published resistance data in Ohms at different temp, you can compare and contrast that information as well with your findings.

JC,

/ TC45D Temp Gauge #3  
Are you sure that it is the temperature gauge and not the thermostat? The infrared temperature meter will determine which it is.