TC45DA Hydraulic Filter?

/ TC45DA Hydraulic Filter? #1  

dieselscout80

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45DA
What filter are you us for the smaller hydraulic filter on the left side of the engine (looking from seat)that is readily available?

Also, is this a low pressure filter?

NH part number is SBA340501030 (says it has a bypass valve), I couldn’t a cross reference on Baldwin Filters site that is my preferred filter supplier.

I was able to cross the NH number on Wix‘s website to WL10114 but it wasn’t available, but it crossed to Napa’s 400114 However, it is not available locally and it cost +$50.

I was able to cross it on Purolator’s website to a PBL10241 (purchased).

Somehow later I found a mention of a Baldwin BT8905, but Baldwin says it’s for low pressure hydraulic and no mention of a bypass valve. I’m thinking this is not low pressure filter.

I also found another Baldwin filter B40036 again no mention of a bypass valve but not listed as low pressure.

Last edited:
   / TC45DA Hydraulic Filter? #2  
I just bought mine from the NH dealership...no guessing required and it helps my local dealer stay in business for when I need to buy expensive repair parts.

/ TC45DA Hydraulic Filter?
I just bought mine from the NH dealership...no guessing required and it helps my local dealer stay in business for when I need to buy expensive repair parts.
I’m leaning that way because it seems like it is up to 250psi for the hydrostatic filter.

/ TC45DA Hydraulic Filter? #4  
I learned recently from some dealer support folks that on my unit, a cross reference is a bad idea. The factory filter bypass rate far exceeds most aftermarket hydraulic filters, so not to substitute. Thankful to those on this forum, Asteral, and my dealer for being acutely aware of this need. I don’t own a NH… but the same awareness is probably a good idea.

/ TC45DA Hydraulic Filter? #5  
I stick with oem hydraulic filters. It's quite a mess, and expensive when one blows out.

I ordered SBA340501030 from Messicks.

/ TC45DA Hydraulic Filter? #7  
I stick with oem hydraulic filters. It's quite a mess, and expensive when one blows out.
Pretty easy to tell a pressure hydraulic filter from a non pressure one by the thickness of the case itself and the thickness of the head end as well.

Like other posters, I only use OEM filters and always have. Might cost a tad more but I know they are correct in all aspects.

You'll never find an aftermarket filter on my shop shelf.

Pretty easy to tell a pressure hydraulic filter from a non pressure one by the thickness of the case itself and the thickness of the head end as well.

Like other posters, I only use OEM filters and always have. Might cost a tad more but I know they are correct in all aspects.

You'll never find an aftermarket filter on my shop shelf.
Interesting I doubt any equipment manufacture makes their own filters, so one of the filter companies make then a put the OEM brand on them.

However, in this case I could not find that filter anywhere but Napa's 400114 and the Wix WL10114 and the Napa's price was just as high as the SBA340501030.

Who makes Napa's filters? Google say Wix.

Last edited:
   / TC45DA Hydraulic Filter? #9  
Not a clue who makes what for who but I do know that in the case of Kubota OEM filters, Kubota has them made by various manufacturers to THEIR SPECIFICATIONS. I've purchased filters from my dealer that were made in Korea as well as in Japan in the past.

I do know that filters are kind of like mouthwash in that one manufacturer of filters can be producing filters for many different retail sellers.

Have some first hand experience with that. Before I retired, I used to deliver strip steel to a firm in Cleveland, Ohio that made oil filters and I got to watch them produce them. They would be running say filters with orange cases and then switch over to filters with blue cases or black cases. Interestingly, the 'guts' in them never changed, just the outer case changed. They produced literally thousands of filters and the lines ran at warp speed too.

Was interesting to watch and an education for me as well as to the filters and how they were made as well as what 'brand' they were.

Fleetguard's HF29120 is another direct cross from the NH SBA34050103.

My SBA34050103 is getting here tomorrow.