tc55da fuel knock

/ tc55da fuel knock #11  
You sent the head in and it checked out fine. How did they check the flatness? Did they use a straight end or did they run it across a planer or flat grinder to check?

/ tc55da fuel knock #12  
I would surmise with a straight edge, hopefully. Something you can to at home with a length of ground flat stock and a feeler gage.

/ tc55da fuel knock #13  
If your leaning towards the head gasket, u can try loosening the injector line 1@a time & retighten and listening for the knock to go away..
At least u might narrow it down to a specific cylinder..
Good luck with it..

/ tc55da fuel knock #14  
You sent the head in and it checked out fine. How did they check the flatness? Did they use a straight end or did they run it across a planer or flat grinder to check?
What the heck is a 'flat grinder' ? You mean a surface grinder maybe? You don't use a planer to deck a head anyway and you'd never use any machine tool for checking flatness. Always done on the bench with measuring tools.

/ tc55da fuel knock
finally had a chance to check it out, reset valves, had one off, i remember getting a call when i was setting them, so i must have missed 1. no more multitasking! runs like a champ again. Thanks for all the replies.