TC55DA

/ TC55DA #1  

Charlie4r2

Newbie here. Just want to say hello to everyone. I'm looking at Buying a TC55DA 4WD with R-4 tires and 1 rear remote. The lowest price I found was 20,908.00 which included a 6% sales tax. Is this a good deal? I see remotes list in the post here for less than 300. The dealer is asking $600 for this option. Is there a good place to purchase these at a better price? I have installed a remote before and it was very easy job.

/ TC55DA #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Newbie here. Just want to say hello to everyone. I'm looking at Buying a TC55DA 4WD with R-4 tires and 1 rear remote. The lowest price I found was 20,908.00 which included a 6% sales tax. Is this a good deal? I see remotes list in the post here for less than 300. The dealer is asking $600 for this option. Is there a good place to purchase these at a better price? I have installed a remote before and it was very easy job. )</font>

The current price for the remote kit and finishing kit for a TC55 is about $500. It sounds like your dealer is charging $100 for installation. The only way to save a few bucks would be to buy the remote and finishing kit and install them yourself. You might decide it's worth the $100 to have the dealer do it. I know the ones for the TC35/40/45 are easy, but it might be a little more involved on the TC55.

/ TC55DA #3  
Charlie4r2,

Did you also price the loader for this tractor? Do you really have to pay sales tax on this tractor in LA? Are there no Ag exemptions in LA for tractors?

I paid 24,950 for my tc55da equipped as follows:
tc55da 4WD
R4 tires
two rear hydraulic remotes installed
AGMeir steel canopy-NH blue
EHSS transmission
18LA loader with quick attach HD bucket
Ballasted tires
Delivered 20 miles.

BTW, have you looked at the Case DX55?

Have fun shopping. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TC55DA #4  
Charlie,

I stand corrected. I actually PAID MORE than my previous post. I dug out some paperwork and here's what I had on the invoice.

Tractor, 4WD, R4 tires, Dual Remotes, Ag Meir Canopy
$22,500

18LA Loader w/HD quick attach bucket
$3,500

Bush Hog RO-720 Box Blade
$1,695

Dealer Inventory Tax.....................66.59
Admin. Fee..................................100.00
Official Fee.....................................5.00
TOTAL:.................................$27,929.00

Dealer: Equipment Depot, Pflugerville, TX

I don't know what the heck "dealer inventory tax" is but I didn't argue about it. I've refused to pay the standard admin. fee when buying cars, but I didn't make a big deal about it either on the tractor.

So, is this a good deal? Don't know myself, but if I would have saved a few hundred $ here and there I don't think it makes a difference in the long run.

Just get the tractor you want and don't look back. Educate yourself as you have been and make the best buying decision you can. After that....just enjoy your tractor knowing you got the best deal YOU could on the tractor you wanted!

I saw on another thread you were looking at a JD 4520. A friend of mine bought one from a dealership in Angleton, TX for $27,500 wih R4 tires and a loader. Don't know if he got any remotes with that. Not sure if he got a box blade or not. But I can find out if you're going that route. Ask for Darryl Taylor 979-849-2325.

/ TC55DA #5  
20% off is an outstanding discount!

/ TC55DA #7  
In case you didn't get the pm, here it is:

site