TD95D Cluch cable replacement Help! RickB

/ TD95D Cluch cable replacement Help! RickB
The clutch adjustment is beneath the floor and it's a real **tch to adjust. you may have to empty the fuel tank and remove it to get at it. But if your clutch disintegrated you have other problems. You'll have to split the tractor. You really should start a new post

/ TD95D Cluch cable replacement Help! RickB #12  
Old thread but the only way I can figure to reach the clevis at the end of the clutch cable that attaches to the bell crank is to cut a hole in the cab floor on my JX95. It is an '08 model with abt 750 hours.

Usually no or light loader work but I was trying to move some dirt for the new hay barn pad two weeks ago and felt the clutch slipping under heavy loads so I parked it and finished with another tractor. It has been parked since because I don't want to cut a hole in the floor but I just can't find a way to reach up in there to even get a wrench and backup on the cable end.

Ditto on wondering how to get into the clutch pedal end of this cable without disassembing the dash. What were they thinking? They were not.

I refuse to drop the fuel tank to adjust the freaking clutch. This is the reason there are so many clutch problems with these tractors.... They don't get adjusted!!!

Other than this and the nickel and dime crap Jerry/MT mentions the tractor does what it is supposed to do. It is just a red NH. Did you know that red is the hardest color to maintain? It fades terribly and the paint jobs on these tractors are just sorry. I own three of them but sometimes wish they were the more common blue ones.

/ TD95D Cluch cable replacement Help! RickB #13  
The blue paint fades and peels just as bad. I've got the next generation up, but it's still the same tractor. Pull the pin from the clevis end and then drop the cable down so you can reach the nuts for adjustment. It's not easy, but it can be done laying under the tractor. Actually pulling the pin with a pick is easier than putting it back in.

For the other end, you have to take the dash apart. And they didn't design it with exposed fasteners so you can just remove a few screws from outside and be done. Pull the instrument cluster and then reach in and take the rest apart.

/ TD95D Cluch cable replacement Help! RickB #14  
Thanks. I did cut a hole in the floor and made a nice little access panel with a seal. Piece of cake after that. The other end, under the dash, as you say it harder.

After adjustment it is like a new tractor.