Telescopic Stabilizer Bars

/ Telescopic Stabilizer Bars #1  

OkieBoy

Trying to figure out what went wrong, I've only put about 30 hrs on my I3040 using a 5ft BB, 5ft woods rotary cutter, 6ft rock rake and most recently a 6ft finish mower made by Bushhog. I was using the finish mower on somewhat uneven ground, looked back and noticed the mower over to one side, stopped the tractor and took a look, one TSB was broke completely in two and the other bend badly. I'm not sure if I was just being too careless slinging the mower around on the hilly ground or maybe the finish mower is to heavy (700 lbs) for the 3040. I will say the tractor had no problems handling the mower other than this issue, I really like the TSB's but was thinking I may need to go with heavy chains. Can anyone give me some advice on this?

/ Telescopic Stabilizer Bars #2  
I would replace it with the factory links. You could have had a bad weld on the one and when it broke the other one likely got into your tire to bend it. I have chains on my Yanmar and they break and stretch also and I much prefer the telescoping links. No need for wrench work to adjust them. When hooking up, just pop the pin and widen the arms, then pop the pin back in. Chains are a PITA.
Who knows, the dealer may even warranty them and replace them for free.

/ Telescopic Stabilizer Bars
Thanks for the reply Gary...Well I figured out what happen, hate to say it was my bad. After attaching the mower I pinned the SB's however on one side I didn't catch the inner bar so actually only one side was pinned. Live and learn, pay attention and safe your hard earned money!

/ Telescopic Stabilizer Bars #4  
I thought you were talking about the telescopic stabilizer bar (TSB) but it now sounds like you meant the Telescopic lift arms. Either way, I would replace with new factory. They are just too handy to do without whether it is the stabilizer or lift arms. Both are indespensible for me on my 7010. It can take me 30 minutes to get my yanmar set right to hook up to something especially if on a slight incline and have to adjust everything on it to get the lift arms aligned and wide enough. With the 7010, I just pop both of the pins in the stabilizer and telescope the lift arms. If I get within 4-6 inches and a couple inches height, I can get the ball joints on. Then I just back up till the snaps fall back in place. I check it to make sure when I get back down to repin the stabilizer after I lift up the implement. Occassionally I get lucky and can repin the stabilizer without lifting the implement, but I run them pretty tight so the implement doesnt sway much at all. I think that is better than letting it get a running start toward the stabilizer before coming to check, kinda like hitting something with a hammer, less force if you only have a 1" swing compared to a 1 foot swing. Lesson learned on checking the pins now, so hopefully it never happens again.