Temperature gauge in RTV fixed!

/ Temperature gauge in RTV fixed! #1  

Wayne_H

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 4400, '48 B and 318
I gave up with the dealer replacing both the temperature gauge and the sending unit, the thing always "looked" like it was over heating, and hovered around 7/8 of full scale. I did take temp readings with an IR thermometer, and it read 180 or so, so I knew it was not really over heating. So off to ebay, and for about 50 bucks I bought an ISSPRO water temperature gauge and installed in in less than an hour. The sending unit for the gauge (it is an electronic gauge) fits the same threads where the old sensor is with no adapters.

The gauge fits perfectly in the old hole, and the old one came out in seconds. Here is what she looks like!

Wayne

Attachments

• IMG_0883a.jpg
    IMG_0883a.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 688
   / Temperature gauge in RTV fixed! #2  
looks like it belongs there. i always liked to have a real guage instead of a light them lights can shortout and not lightup or they can lightup and nuthin be wrong but with a guage it's right there in black and white .

/ Temperature gauge in RTV fixed! #3  
HECK, THAT IS SUPER... NOW THAT'S WHAT KUBOTA NEEDS TO DO TO ALL THE UNITS SOLD !!!!!

YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT, THE GUAGES THAT COME WITH THE MACHINE WILL CONTANTLY GIVE YOU A HEART ATTACK, THINKING YOU ARE FRYING THE DERN ENGINE IN THESE THINGS .....

NICE SET UP, GLAD YOU SHARED THE THREAD WITH ALL OF US RTV OWNERS !!!!!!

>>>>>>>> two guns

/ Temperature gauge in RTV fixed!
   / Temperature gauge in RTV fixed! #6  
Wayne,
Thanks. I will check with them and see if they have anymore!
John