Terramite hydraulic fluid level

/ Terramite hydraulic fluid level #1  

Joemjm

Tractor
Terramite t5c
I have a Terramite T5c and the hydraulic tank cap does not have a dipstick on it (it was broken off at some time) . Does anybody know how many inches of hydraulic oil should be in the tank at full or have a measurement from the bottom of the threads on the filler cap to any of the markings on the stick so that I can check for the correct amount of oil in tank

/ Terramite hydraulic fluid level #2  
I don't know what the proper level is either due to mine does not have a dip stick either. When I purchased it from the person I thought it would have a stick. I just look in and if it is about 3/4 full I go with it. Not the answer your looking for, just what I do.

/ Terramite hydraulic fluid level
thanks for your reply. that is about what I have been doing but I am going over and rebuilding a lot of it this winter because it is leaking a lot of oil and I just want to fix that also. Just hoping somebody that has one could give me a measurement for where the lines are on the stick

/ Terramite hydraulic fluid level #4  
This is the tank cap from my T5C. The dipstick extends about 3 inches from the bottom of the thread (pic 1). Positioning the square beginning with the thread when screwed into the tank gives you picture 2. Picture 3 shows the number of exposed threads when the dipstick is fully screwed into the tank.

I'm sure you already know that the system uses 15w-40 engine oil, not hydraulic fluid, and that the tractor hydraulics need to be in the positions shown in picture 4 when measuring the proper oil level.

Perhaps you can still buy these tank caps at a couple of places that specialize in Terramite parts?

oil 1.jpgoil 2.jpgoil 3b.jpgoil 4.jpg