Thank you Soundguy

/ Thank you Soundguy #1  

Buckcreek

Silver Member
Tractor
BX2200
Just wanted to say thank you for the iformation on the old tractor. Dad knew exactly what you were talking about on everthing, I was lost--lol. He got his friend 9n running like a top and he was smiling ear to ear. he had to rewire it and put new wires and plugs in it. somthing i thougt was interseting , the plug wires were new but dad changed them because they were fiber wires and he said it wouldnt run correct with them. The man with the tractor said he had a 8n years ago and could not get it to run , he said dad got it running great to , wish i would have watched him more growing up /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Thank you Soundguy #2  
Here, here!!! I second that! Nothing to do with an N, for me, but, much great advice and comment that's straight and to the point. Much of which has helped me greatly. ...... and, very refreshingly, as I can remember over the few months I have been active here, not a single "poor me" comment when someone disagrees with him or even trys to tear "him a new one" ... nope, he just comes right back with a logical, tempered ... humble reply.
Cheers!

/ Thank you Soundguy #3  
I am also a soundguy fan. He has helped me out a couple of times and we had a good informative (on his part) and entertaining PM exchange going a while back. He's willing to help, to the point, knows his stuff and calls it the way he believes is right. That's a keeper in my book!

/ Thank you Soundguy #4  
Well... gosh.. I think I need a new hat.. my old ones all just got too small. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Thanks guys.

As for the plug wires. yep.. use metal core ones... those old 6v electrical systems were anemic on high voltage as it was.. and carbon fiber core wires ( resistor wires ) make it even more so.. same with resistor plugs.

That one completely slipped my mind in my earlier post i believe... glad your dad caught it.

Glad the N is up and running.

It's funny.. Lots of people complained about the front mount distribuitor vs the new style side mount on the 8n. To me.. I think the front mount setup is better... you pull 2 bolts.. R&R it.. set the points on the table.. and slap it back on.. and it is always in time with the cam based on the offset tang drive... can't do that as easilly with the sidemount. I think the biggest downfall for the front mount was the deficient square coil that was not rated for a full 6v.. Had it had a better coil.. I wonder if thaey would have changed it?

Have fun.

Soundguy

/ Thank you Soundguy #5  
Yeah, I've noticed alot of good advice from him.

/ Thank you Soundguy #6  
wow.. 5yr old thread someone found.

soundguy