Thanks

/ Thanks #1  

polo1665

Tractor
Branson 3510H, John Deere X750
Back in February I asked all of you for help choosing a welder. Now it's November, the welder has been in the workshop for several months, and I thought it would be high time to say thanks. I also thought I would post a few pics of the welder, associated equipment, and a couple of projects. Sorry about the bucket hook pics. I'm sure everyone is sick to death of seeing these, but It was the first real welding project that required some confidence on my part. Thanks again for all the insight and direction.

Mark

Attachments

• weld1.jpg
    weld1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 140
  • weld4.jpg
    weld4.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 129
  • weld5.jpg
    weld5.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 128
  • weld6.jpg
    weld6.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 107
  • weld2.jpg
    weld2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 138
  • weld3.jpg
    weld3.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 129
   / Thanks #2  
Lookin Good! :D

Wish my shop was that tidy.

One small suggestion, make your next project some sort of doohickey to secure those gas bottles. Very important that they never get knocked over. :eek:

/ Thanks
Lookin Good! :D

Wish my shop was that tidy.

One small suggestion, make your next project some sort of doohickey to secure those gas bottles. Very important that they never get knocked over. :eek:

Already working the plans over in my pea brain.:D:D

/ Thanks #4  
hi polo1665,

I am lazy, for my 40 cu ft Oxy and B-Prestolite bottles I use a plain ole 2 wheel dolly and use a motorcycle type tie down to secure them to it. Welded a hook to hang the hoses on it, and now things are easily moved around and pretty stable. Just an idea

My 2-40 cu ft and 1-80 cu ft bottles empty about the same time as the B-Prestolite Acetelyne. Just currious, does your Acetelyne last for about 4 of the 40 cu ft Oxy refiles used for cutting?

Oh well, enjoy! you will build what suits your needs and wishes best. Metal fabrication sure can be fun.

/ Thanks
hi polo1665,

I am lazy, for my 40 cu ft Oxy and B-Prestolite bottles I use a plain ole 2 wheel dolly and use a motorcycle type tie down to secure them to it. Welded a hook to hang the hoses on it, and now things are easily moved around and pretty stable. Just an idea

My 2-40 cu ft and 1-80 cu ft bottles empty about the same time as the B-Prestolite Acetelyne. Just currious, does your Acetelyne last for about 4 of the 40 cu ft Oxy refiles used for cutting?

Oh well, enjoy! you will build what suits your needs and wishes best. Metal fabrication sure can be fun.

Sounds like a good idea for the cart. As far as usage goes, I really don't have anything to base it on. I really haven't had to many opportunities to use the Oxy/Acetelyne outfit yet. Hopefully this winter I'll get my feet wet a bit more.

Mark

/ Thanks #6  
I'd make sure you have a fire extinguisher on the far wall, and get the 4 wheeler or whatever it is there undercover out of the area when you fire up the welder. Gas fumes under cover are a guaranteed fire hazard. A spark from slag racing across the floor will remind you of this advice. I also keep a sports water bottle handy for quick cooling welded parts and tools in case you find them too hot to handle.

/ Thanks
Good point on the fire extinguisher. As far as what is under the cover, it is a 1986 Corvette. Yes, that slag bouncing on the floor holds my attention. I keep a bucket of water handy for cooling things off, but I could use a good pair of tongs to handle hot parts with.