That damn McAfee pop up business

/ That damn McAfee pop up business #1  

etpm

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar ym2310
I was near the end of typing a long post trying to help a person who was wanting help buying their first tractor. Then the dreaded McAfee pop up business shows up and my post was gone. Right in the middle of my typing the McAfee crap shows up and my post is gone. The only way to get rid of the McAfee thing was to lose everything I had been typing.
I think it was odd that the McAfee thing showed up while I was in the middle of typing something. I was just typing away and then in the middle of a word the McAfee crap shows up and I had to lose everything. Damnit!
I have seen the McAfee thing show up on my Samsung tablet with the Android operating system and where I use Firefox for web browsing. I also use Firefox for web browsing on my computer. My computer is a windows 7 machine.
I do not have McAfee installed on either machine but the pop up says I do. So obvious B.S. I am sick of this McAfee crap that keeps showing up. Before it wasn't that much of a problem but now when it interrupts my typing in the middle of a word that's in the middle of a paragraph it has become too much. I need to figure out how to stop it and why it is happening. I can't believe it is McAfee doing this, it is a terrible marketing decision.
Eric

/ That damn McAfee pop up business #3  
I've never used a tablet so can't comment on that part, but definitely +1 on an adblocker.

/ That damn McAfee pop up business #4  
That McAfee popup is a virus! If you click on it you will install the virus on your device!

/ That damn McAfee pop up business
That McAfee popup is a virus! If you click on it you will install the virus on your device!
I figured as much. I never click on that type of stuff. I just wonder why I only see it on TBN. No other web site.
Eric

/ That damn McAfee pop up business #6  
If you can learn how to capture a screen print of the pop up, that could be helpful in getting some assistance.

I have never seen it, and I agree that it sounds like some sort of malware that is either on your computer or attempting to get on it.

/ That damn McAfee pop up business #7  
Easiest way to get a screen print is hold down shift/windows key and s, you'll get a cursor you can draw around what you want to capture

/ That damn McAfee pop up business #8  
I have never seen that McAfee popup on this site. But I have seen it on others so it is spreading.

/ That damn McAfee pop up business #9  
There is another thread about this. Admin is aware of it.

TractorByNet is pretty good at autosaving my posts. Reopen the thread and the post is back. PC with Firefox

/ That damn McAfee pop up business
Easiest way to get a screen print is hold down shift/windows key and s, you'll get a cursor you can draw around what you want to capture
Thank You. If it happens again I will use your advice.
Eric