The 1736 so far...

/ The 1736 so far... #21  
Well, after two weeks of dealer waiting to hear from MF, called them directly. They responded quickly, approved the repairs under warranty and are working to get parts to the dealer. Good to see them standing behind their product.

Very nice indeed!

/ The 1736 so far... #22  
We have had a few issues with our 1736. One was the same fuel issue you have. Dealer worked on it and now we can at least put a full 10 gallons in instead of 5 at a time. Still have an odd issue when in high 1st or 2nd where it jerks (shimmies might be a better word) when releasing clutch. Oddly when using the forward/reverse shifter on the steering wheel (not hydro) to take off it never shimmies.
Most recently we had a major issue. Was using a soil buster plow in lowest gear and it hit a root or rock. Was barely moving and the sheer bolt on the soil buster never broke. However, the axle casing where the right lower three point pivot connects cracked. I don稚 mean a hairline crack either. Fluid just poured out. Broke bothe sides of the axle casing. It is at the dealer now being fixed. Had I been moving fast and hit something then I might understand this happening, but at low speeds this should never happen (axle should be strong enough for the rated hp of the tractor and wheels should have just spun).

Is that an E series or M series?

/ The 1736 so far... #23  
4tilling dirt - the tractor is neither an E series nor an M series. I believe they called it the premium series at the time which was between the E and the M.
I received the tractor back with the axle repaired and at no cost to me. Thanks to Massey for their support. I posted a short youtube video of the ordeal - not sure if I am allowed to post a link here, but you can find it by searching MF 1736 axle failure on youtube's search.
I have already moved a couple of bales of hay with the rear spear with no problems, but will keep a close watch on that axle moving forward. I did find the gas tank fill-up issue was back. I had to fill up about 3 gallons, drive it a bit and then was able to finish filling it. Hopefully that does not persist.

/ The 1736 so far... #24  
4tilling dirt - the tractor is neither an E series nor an M series. I believe they called it the premium series at the time which was between the E and the M.
I received the tractor back with the axle repaired and at no cost to me. Thanks to Massey for their support. I posted a short youtube video of the ordeal - not sure if I am allowed to post a link here, but you can find it by searching MF 1736 axle failure on youtube's search.
I have already moved a couple of bales of hay with the rear spear with no problems, but will keep a close watch on that axle moving forward. I did find the gas tank fill-up issue was back. I had to fill up about 3 gallons, drive it a bit and then was able to finish filling it. Hopefully that does not persist.

Nice video and glad to see that you have your 1736 back with you.