The FEL whistles and hisses more than ever

/ The FEL whistles and hisses more than ever #1  

Makers_Mark

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2810
It whistles and wheezes on the up/down. I don't think I've noticed it this much before. Before I call my dealer and complain, I just wanted to know if this is normal. I don't think it affects the operation of the loader but I could be wrong. I could ignore it if I really try.

/ The FEL whistles and hisses more than ever #2  
What size load are you lifting to make this sound or any load at all?

/ The FEL whistles and hisses more than ever #3  
Mine doesn't make any sounds at all, loaded or empty. I don't think I have ever used a loaderr that whistled or hissed for that matter. Does not sound right to me.

/ The FEL whistles and hisses more than ever #4  
<font color="blue">...It whistles and wheezes ... </font>

Have you narrowed down what component is actually making the noises? Where is your relief valve located? Could be a borderline relief valve...

Do you have any other things changed on your hydraulic circuit you added upon original purchase? I'd discuss this with your dealer, as he should be able to put his finger on this and correct any malfunction...

Good luck with your Mahindra... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ The FEL whistles and hisses more than ever
Hmm. Now I'm a bit concerned. The sound is coming specifically from the lever controller on the up or down, not side to side. It does not matter if I have the bucket loaded or not. The manual for the loader (model #ML108) says the possible cause for "system relief valve squeal" is relief valve setting below specifications or some kind of restriction in the hose or quick disconnect (cold fluid and excessive weight do not apply in this case). So I will start by trying to figure out where and what the relief valve is. So JohnMiller3, you may be right. Thank you.

/ The FEL whistles and hisses more than ever
Looking at the exploded axonometric diagrams in the manual, I see there is a relief valve on the valve controller and on the tractors hydraulics system. Since the noise is coming from the valve assembly, I will check that first.

/ The FEL whistles and hisses more than ever #7  
That particular valve has an oriface plate it in. This IS a restriction in the valve to slow fluid down. However it is supposed to be located on the DUMP side of the valve to avoid cavitation when dumping heavy loads. You might want to have this checked, as some of those valves were known to have had the oriface plates inserted wrong at the factory the were made at. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif