The Fruition of Several Threads and Much Pestering

/ The Fruition of Several Threads and Much Pestering
coolnick- It is a formidable piece of gear. The man said it'd be "all I wanted" on that l'il 30 and he was right. :laughing:
If I could find someone local that wanted to go heavier I'd be tempted to trade if theirs wasn't too beat up from havin too small of a grapple.

gwstang- True dat about the 4x4. OTOH, it was 4x4 got me out. On the Dodge, anyways. :D

/ The Fruition of Several Threads and Much Pestering
:::Necrothread Warning:::
Six years down the line follow up.
At 545 hours I finally had somethin to kinda-sorta actually break. The front axle seal.
Anybody know where a real service manual can be had for this thing?
Nothin I can blame on Mahindra QC or anything with all the pullin, tuggin and haulin tree trunks I've done. Yankin on stumps n roots with the Rake Shop grapple(which is lighter than the cheaper ones out of Denton I found out). Overloaded buckets. Diggin. Prolly much abused.
..I'd hafta say I'm very pleased with my "big lawn mower"/small-ish tractor.
Sometimes it doesn't have enough ground clearance. But it's easy to get into and fits inna standard garage opening with the lid on.
There's been times when a bigger tractor would have helped. But just a few more trips/little more time gets it done.
And this one squeezes thru the small gates I use regularly.
Sometimes I feel like I'd really have liked a shuttle shift better on those long runs. But it's mighty convenient in those tight spots to just move a foot.
..All I've done is change oil, grease joints, clean/replace battery terminals and air filters. Checked torques on occasion. And rassle that damn lil rail beside the valve cover or whatever with the three 8mm nuts on it. Finally put a jam nut on it and haven't hadta jack with it in a good while.
..I don't use the backhoe that often. But I'm sho'nuf glad I have it when I need it. The hunt club gets good use out of us with it.
I can't really say about customer support. Never needed it during the 5 year warranty. Far as I can tell nothin's really bent, broke or mis-aligned. There's a little bit of slop in the joints. Same goes for me, tho'. There's been a few instances where I don't know how-in-Hades nothin got broke.
I'll take either good luck or good engineering.
..So here we are.. Took it to the local established shop for this repair. They said they hardly ever get a Mahindra in for repair outside of somethin "operator induced".
..I reckon that a good thing.. I'll keep it.. :cool: