This ever happen to you?

/ This ever happen to you?
I see my comments got quite a few people to reply. The comment was made. What does this have to do with John Deere. Well it seems that the dealer is the issue not John Deere. But to go to another dealer i would have to go 80 miles. The compition is 12. Can't see traveling 80 miles for parts or service!

/ This ever happen to you? #12  
Life is too short to be begging people to treat you right.
Look me in the eye, shake my hand, take my money and treat me like I'm a customer.

AMEN! Couldn't have said it better myself!!

/ This ever happen to you? #13  
If the dealer isn't going to offer the services that you are used to, and that seems to be the way it is going now days, then the price becomes the main issue. Hammer them down and make the very best deal you can on the new tractor. It is funny though. People used to make money selling used equipment.

Chris

/ This ever happen to you? #14  
I think the problem with trades these days is that it is the dealer's money involved. New tractors are on a floor plan like they are in car dealerships, but when a dealer takes a trade in he is investing his money in that tractor, or tying up his cash flow until he can move it. Smart dealers have money for those things, and can indeed make more money on trades than they do on new units.

/ This ever happen to you? #15  
This kind of falls in the same category:
I went to a Kubota dealer, asked for a brochure on the Grand L's.
On the cover of the brochure, it advertised about the new HST Plus features of that series. While the salesman was typing furiously on his computer trying to figure out a quote for me, I asked him what the deal was with this new HST Plus feature. He goes, "huh", then looked at the brochure cover and said, "uh, don't know what that means, it's just HST, ok". Then proceded to continue figuring a quote.
Sad, sad, sad, when a salesman knows so little about what he's selling.
Another thing, it took him over 20 minutes of computer typing to tell me how much they wanted for the tractor I was getting a quote on.
I would think they should have the price their tractors memorized, or at least be able to just look at list and say "that tractor is $xxxxx".
Sort of reminds me of the new car salesmen who have to go to some back room to consult with the mystery man every time you ask them something about the price.
It was so pathetic as to be even comical and I had to really restrain myself from making a comment to him that maybe he might profit by spending a few minutes of his 'waiting for a customer dead time' to read up on what he's trying to sell !