This is crazy! (But in a good way.)

/ This is crazy! (But in a good way.) #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301

I generally think of somebody in a wheelchair as handicapped... This guy obviously hasn't heard the news.

/ This is crazy! (But in a good way.) #2  
My wife has a coworker who's son was born with legs that don't work. He's been in a wheelchair for life. In his 40s now. Quite active in a basketball league. Upper body strength of a beast.

/ This is crazy! (But in a good way.) #3  
I don't know, but if I was a paraplegic in a wheel chair, I don't think I'd risk becoming a quadriplegic.

/ This is crazy! (But in a good way.) #4  
This is just crazy, People could get hurt doing this.

/ This is crazy! (But in a good way.) #5  
I'm sure the guy in the wheelchair video knows the consequences of what could happen probably better than any of us.

It's a zest for life and excitement.

Would I let my kids do it? No. But now that they're adults, they can make up their own minds.

When I was younger, I did a lot of things that could seriously mess you up. Motorcycles. Rock climbing. Skin diving (now called free diving). Lifeguarding on a whitewater course.

I can think of a lot of things where young people get hurt. Skateboards, roller skates, cheerleading, gymnastics, motocross, BMX bikes, you name it.

We used to play on rope swings at the lake I grew up on. Saw some serious injuries there. Also saw a guy run out into the water at a public beach, dove in and snapped his neck because the water was only a foot deep. He became a quadriplegic that day. Another guy dove off of a bank in that same lake and hit his head on a pipe. Another quadriplegic.

You can hurt yourself so many ways it's about impossible to guess when it will happen. My next door neighbor fell down her basement steps and broke her neck. She passed away. A coworker of mine's husband did the same thing, but it took him several weeks to pass away from the injuries.

While I no longer partake in those risky activities, I still take my laundry down to the basement.

/ This is crazy! (But in a good way.) #8  
Not an issue here, washer and dryer are on the main floor.
You live behind a laundry mat?

:ROFLMAO:

Ours is in the basement. We like it down there. We'll see if our tune changes as we age.

I'm just finishing up the trim work on a new 1st floor laundry for my mother in-law. Her's was in the basement, too. She has a laundry chute to drop it down, but has to carry it up. Her leg joints are pretty jacked up (she was quite athletic up until her liver transplant 14 years ago), and she is unstable on her feet. She did not want a 1st floor laundry. Very against it. But we talked her into it. We found a seldom used closet in the garage and cut out the back wall of it to access from a spare bedroom. Perfect for a stacked unit. Now that she's been using it for a couple months, she keeps telling us how nice it is and that she doesn't know why she didn't have it done sooner. :)