/ Three-Point Hitch Lift Arms #1  

dougc71887

Tractor
Kubota M6040
I recently added the Ventrac Three-Point Hitch kit to my 4500Z machine. The kit is labeled as a Cat 1 hitch. When I try to attach certain Cat 1 implements to the unit's hitch, the lift arms do not extend wide enough to accommodate the pins on the attachments. On a rake, I had to purchase the shortest pins I could possibly find and then cut them down further and drill a new clamp-pin hole in the 7/8" Cat 1 pin. I have not yet discussed this with Ventrac. Does anyone else have this problem or am I missing something?

/ Three-Point Hitch Lift Arms #2  
I was able to get my rake on mine, but it was TIGHT.... They definitely do not swing near as wide as my 40HP tractor does. Not sure there is anything you can do about it unless someone else has come up with a way for the arms to extend wider.

/ Three-Point Hitch Lift Arms
I appreciate you responding Neo. On another thread I found someone stating that when lift arms are tight they reverse the lift arm pins on the attachment such that they are inboard directed and the lift arms don't have to swing as wide as they would ordinarily have to if the pins were 'righteous'. Have you ever tried this?

/ Three-Point Hitch Lift Arms #4  
.......Just the suggestion I was going to make.

I have turned the pins in on a Kubota BX to make implements fit the 20" wide hitch.

Three-point hitch specifications
CategoryHitch pin size
Lower hitch spacing
Tractor drawbar power
upper link
lower links
017 mm (5⁄8")17 mm (5⁄8")500 mm (20")<15 kW (<20 hp)
119 mm (3⁄4")22.4 mm (7⁄8")718 mm (28")15-35 kW (20-45 hp)
225.5 mm (1")28.7 mm (1 1⁄8")870 mm (34")30-75 kW (40-100 hp)
331.75 mm (1 1⁄4")37.4 mm (1 7⁄16")1010 mm (40")60-168 kW (80-225 hp)
445mm (1 3⁄4")51 mm (2")1220 mm (48")135-300 kW (180-400 hp)

/ Three-Point Hitch Lift Arms #5  
I just added a 4500Z to my stable. Since I already had the HF quick hitch on my TC40DA, I mounted one on the Ventrac. Interestingly, I did have to modify the 3-N-1 hitch (the pins were too short for the Cat 2 bushing).

Works well with the top link too. Easy hookup.

/ Three-Point Hitch Lift Arms #6  
I recently added the Ventrac Three-Point Hitch kit to my 4500Z machine. The kit is labeled as a Cat 1 hitch. When I try to attach certain Cat 1 implements to the unit's hitch, the lift arms do not extend wide enough to accommodate the pins on the attachments. On a rake, I had to purchase the shortest pins I could possibly find and then cut them down further and drill a new clamp-pin hole in the 7/8" Cat 1 pin. I have not yet discussed this with Ventrac. Does anyone else have this problem or am I missing something?
What implements are you using on your tractor? Have you tried any non Ventrac implements? I have wondered if it would pull a small landplane to recondition a gravel driveway.

/ Three-Point Hitch Lift Arms
So far I have only used a non-Ventrac rake I purchased from Northern Tool. No Ventrac attachments yet for the rear 3PH. All my other attachments are front mount so not relevant to this thread. Beware the dimensions of your potential non-Ventrac purchase for their Cat 1 3PH. I use a Cat II land plane behind my Kubota M6040 for my driveway and it works great.