Throttle question

/ Throttle question #11  
8envy,

Have you made any progress?

/ Throttle question
I have finally gotten it back to my house and will look more closely tonight. I have not yet called a dealer. Thank you

/ Throttle question #13  
Remove the seat, as mentioned earlier, and look at the throttle stops on the lever of injection pump. When at idle lever should rest against a stop screw, and when at full throttle lever should move and rest against the max RPM stop. Max RPM stop came with wire tie and lead seal on it, if that has been removed or cut and retied someone has readjusted it.
If max RPM stop is correct cable is likely stretched. It may need to be replaced if it cannot be adjusted.
Note: any throttle stops at the control lever are only to limit added movement of the lever after the pump control arm contacts the stop. This is to limit cable stretching.
Another possibilty is misadjusted shut-off solenoid linkage. If misadjusted or jam nut came loose the linkage could be too long, allowing the solenoid to pull completely on but not pull the shut off lever fully on allowing limited amount of fuel into pump. Correct setting for this is: when key is OFF the stop lever should be touching the stop on the pump, when Key is ON the lever should have a small gap between it and lever stop (gap spec. - .050")

Engine speed control is all manual so there would be no codes related to this.