Thumb for forks.

/ Thumb for forks. #11  
IMO, I would not mount the thumb to a bracket that fits into a 2" receiver. Too much slop in the receiver and the thumb would probably exert too much force on it when closing. I would center notch out a piece of 36" x 3/8" angle to fit over the receiver, weld it to the bucket and receiver and bolt the thumb mount to that. I bought two thumb mounts and welded one on the bucket, one on the forks. That way I just pull 3 pins and move the thumb to which I want to use.

/ Thumb for forks. #12  
IMO, I would not mount the thumb to a bracket that fits into a 2" receiver. Too much slop in the receiver and the thumb would probably exert too much force on it when closing. I would center notch out a piece of 36" x 3/8" angle to fit over the receiver, weld it to the bucket and receiver and bolt the thumb mount to that. I bought two thumb mounts and welded one on the bucket, one on the forks. That way I just pull 3 pins and move the thumb to which I want to use.

I am considering this too, after using the thumb with forks I can see where the bucket thumb would offer different uses .

/ Thumb for forks. #13  
[/B]
I am considering this too, after using the thumb with forks I can see where the bucket thumb would offer different uses .

I actually mis-spoke. I welded angle brackets to the bucket and forks and bolted the thumb mount to the angle.

/ Thumb for forks. #14  
I actually mis-spoke. I welded angle brackets to the bucket and forks and bolted the thumb mount to the angle.

You know, that actually would work for me too as I have a hook welded on center top of the bucket so some angle welded to the top front of the bucket would allow the thumb to function and not interfere with the hook. It is a thought. Do you have a pic?

/ Thumb for forks. #15  
Here you go

Attachments

• 35.JPG
    35.JPG
    249.4 KB · Views: 185
  • 23.JPG
    23.JPG
    285.8 KB · Views: 160