Tiller cart

/ Tiller cart #1  

D33r3 6r33N

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2305, Scag 19hp 48" Tiger Cub
I definitely am not a carpenter or any other type of craftsman. Really it was more of an excuse to use my new Porter Cable impact driver I think. Anyway, I made this cart for my 50" tiller so that I could put it out of the way after I used it in the spring. It's made from scrap wood and some casters that my wife bought at a garage sale years ago. It ain't pretty, but it works.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110911_172615.png
    ForumRunner_20110911_172615.png
    431.8 KB · Views: 408
  • ForumRunner_20110911_172647.png
    ForumRunner_20110911_172647.png
    391.9 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
   / Tiller cart #4  
I definitely am not a carpenter or any other type of craftsman. Really it was more of an excuse to use my new Porter Cable impact driver I think. Anyway, I made this cart for my 50" tiller so that I could put it out of the way after I used it in the spring. It's made from scrap wood and some casters that my wife bought at a garage sale years ago. It ain't pretty, but it works.

Looks good and works so that's what counts. Looking at it in hindsight, I think I'd make it just a little bigger so that the tiller sits inside your top 2x4's and acts as a brace. That way you don't have to worry about it accidently being pushed off the dolly.

/ Tiller cart
acme97 said:
Looks good and works so that's what counts. Looking at it in hindsight, I think I'd make it just a little bigger so that the tiller sits inside your top 2x4's and acts as a brace. That way you don't have to worry about it accidently being pushed off the dolly.

I thought about that. I don't know if it makes a difference for the tiller but this way the tiller is suspended and the tines don't touch the cart. ...and that's how long the 2x12s were that I had.