TILLER FOR BX

/ TILLER FOR BX #13  
My Muratori does well in my very hard adobe clay soil. I went a little narrower than the BX because I wanted to concentrate the power in this hard soil. If your soil is better than clay, you'd probably do fine with a larger tiller. Like you, I don't want to use something larger than the manufacturer recommends in order not to overtax the hp from the PTO. Here's one thought though about tractor width and tiller width: With a rough cutter or such, the width difference isn't a big deal, BUT, if you have a tiller that's narrower than the tractor, when you try to till the next pass adjacent to the previous one, the tires are going to partly compact the soil you just loosened up (unless the unit is offset to the outside of one tire-but then you lose manuverability in very small spaces). How much of a problem that is for you in your type soil, only you can decide. Anyways, just a thought.

/ TILLER FOR BX
I think you are going to cut the shaft on any tiller You use on a BX. Mine is going to be done before I pick up the tiller.

I really like the slip clutch option.

I did find out something interesting today. Adding the slip clutch before the purchase is not that expensive. but to add it after you need to replace the whole shaft 2.5x the up front price.

/ TILLER FOR BX #16  
The Woods GTC40 has a double chain drive as well as a slip clutch. I did have to cut the shaft originally to fit my B6100E, then I had to cut another inch off to fit the BX23.

BTW - the mounting points are adjustable to fit different lift arms as well as to offset up to 6". See Pic:
http://www.geocities.com/wjbaker1/Woods5.jpg

I stopped by my local Woods dealer to inquire about a post hole digger. During the conversation he mentioned that he sells the GTC40 for $995 this year (versus $985 last year). So the price is still awesome.

Bill.
Euharlee, Georgia

/ TILLER FOR BX
Bill_BX23,

That is a good price. Is that with a slip clutch?

You can't but a King Kutter for that up here.

/ TILLER FOR BX #19  
Yes the price of $995 on the Woods GTC40 includes a slip clutch. It can be offset by adjusting the hitch pin bracket. This is done by loosening the 2 nuts and sliding the bracket:
http://www.geocities.com/wjbaker1/Woods5.jpg

Touch base with your local Woods dealer 7 get a price. Then shop around with a couple other Woods dealers. They do have different discounts based on how much Woods merchandise they purchase.

Bill.

/ TILLER FOR BX #20  
mine is big, not made of light stuff for sure, the back "door" weighs probably 30 pounds. I can not move it when it is not on the bota. It squats the bota a bit to when installed, and I have to have the FEL on or NO hills at all. In other words, heavy.

Paid 995.00 I think for it, 2 years ago