Tilt cylinder mounting

/ Tilt cylinder mounting #1  

CMR

Tractor
1957 Case
I’m putting a better bucket on my old Du-Al loader which is on my 57 Case 400. I made new shackles to attach to the bucket and before I locate where to drill the holes for the 4 pins I’d like to know does it matter whether a cylinder piston stops by reaching its own maximum or stops by being blocked by the bucket? I’m hoping the cylinders can take either stress just fine. Thanks much

/ Tilt cylinder mounting #2  
If the bucket reaches max tilt before the cylinder reaches max stroke, may cause an incident. If they are real close to max for both, may be fine. I myself would make sure the bucket still has some movement when cylinder is extended.

/ Tilt cylinder mounting #3  
Yeah, cylinders are capable of bending and tearing metal to reach full stroke. Don't ask how I know that. I had to change some geometry when I was building the loader for the Kenbota. Make sure the cylinder(s) stop first. (And hopefully you have a release valve in your design.)

/ Tilt cylinder mounting
Thanks to both replies, I can do that. Seems like the valve has a pressure relief, I’ll check that out too