Time to decide

/ Time to decide
Woodworking is a hobby of mine so I spent two days going through all the scrap wood I have deciding what is worth keeping and what to toss. I've already gone through a ton of stuff just to get the house and shed looking presentable to get the house on the market. It took me three days to go through my shed and I think the thing is only 12 x 16. I've also moved a bunch of stuff into storage which I'll have to reclaim later. Today and tomorrow I'm moving all my hardwood lumber into storage. I don't want to pay the movers to move it and I won't have a need for it right away. I'm glad I did all my tractor research up front. When I finally get into my new place, I won't have a lot of time for shopping.

/ Time to decide #42  
Woodworking is a hobby of mine so I spent two days going through all the scrap wood I have deciding what is worth keeping and what to toss. I've already gone through a ton of stuff just to get the house and shed looking presentable to get the house on the market. It took me three days to go through my shed and I think the thing is only 12 x 16. I've also moved a bunch of stuff into storage which I'll have to reclaim later. Today and tomorrow I'm moving all my hardwood lumber into storage. I don't want to pay the movers to move it and I won't have a need for it right away. I'm glad I did all my tractor research up front. When I finally get into my new place, I won't have a lot of time for shopping.

How far are you moving?
Be very careful with movers because a lot of them are crooks. This last time, I had to threaten mine with a visit from the county sheriff and a night in the house cou to make him complete the move. They are likely to try to add on extra charges at the end then hold your goods hostage to get you to pay extra fees. Needless to say I had everything in writing up front but he tried to no avail anyway. I think he saw that I meant what I said as I dialed the sheriff on my cell phone. When we were married, many years ago, the mover even forged some documents to add stuff for my wife's move. That one ended up in court and the mover scared shitless that he was going to jail for forgery and fraud. He was shaking like a leaf in the courtroom :eek:and it was even funny because the little wimp had tried to sound like such a tough guy on the phone.:laughing:

/ Time to decide
Sounds like you have had some bad experiences. My parents moved around a lot when I was growing up. I've tried not to do that but I've been through 14 moves in my life. Never had the kind of troubles you've had. I remember they were hard on my mom's antiques a few times. Then there is always the occasional broken dish or glass. My move into my current home was uneventful. The previous one I packed and they moved. The one before that I did myself...painful. I'm hoping this move goes smoothly.

/ Time to decide #44  
Yeah I've moved a lot, even overseas and my dad moved us several times too so it's nothing new to me. Things may be different in CA since all my moving difficulty has been in this state.