Tires Tire Preasure

/ Tire Preasure #1  

Kratos

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jinma 284
I apologize in advance if this has been covered, but I cannot seem to find proper tire preasure for my Jinma 284 with ag tires either on the sidewall or in my owners manual. Can someone tell me what they should be or tell me where to look. I have all four set at around 30 psi now after airing them up yeasterday since they looked low. Thanks.

/ Tire Preasure #2  
Directly from the Jinma website (in kpa not PSI).

Tires: Front Wheel 6.00-16, Rear Wheel 9.5-24
Tire Inflation Pressure (kpa): Front Wheel 180-200, Rear Wheel (In Field) 100-120, Rear Wheel (Transportation) 120-140

Jinma 254 Farm Or Acreage Tractor | 28 HP 3-Stroke Diesel Engine Tractor It's listed under Chassis Data at the bottom of the page.

To convert from kpa to PSI multiply the kpa by .1450377 .

/ Tire Preasure #3  
By the way, you may want to print the data out on that page and keep it for reference. It has all kinds of handy data like hydraulic flow, fluid capacities, speeds in different gear ranges, you name it it's there.

/ Tire Preasure #4  
Kratos said:
I apologize in advance if this has been covered, but I cannot seem to find proper tire preasure for my Jinma 284 with ag tires either on the sidewall or in my owners manual. Can someone tell me what they should be or tell me where to look. I have all four set at around 30 psi now after airing them up yeasterday since they looked low. Thanks.

Hi Kratos,

Do you have a loader mounted ?? What do you carry in the bucket?

Ever hang any implements off the back ??

DieselPower has given you a good guide.

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply

/ Tire Preasure
Thank you for the replies. I do have a front end loader, but have not used it much. I have a brush hog, a chipper, and a post hole digger so far for the back.

/ Tire Preasure #6  
As the rates of inflation which DP posted shows, the fronts need more pressure than the backs do. In fact, the rears will have better traction and ride better with even less than the listed amount. If you have a loader and lift heavy loads, you will need to use the top end of the amount in the front tires or many be even a little more depending on the load.

/ Tire Preasure #7  
Front,,26 to 29 psi,,,rear,15 to 20 psi,from northerns owners manual for my 254,,thingy

/ Tire Preasure #8  
Kratos said:
Loader-equipped, your fronts should be ok right there. But unless you spend a lot of time on pavement, I'd bleed the rears off to ~16PSI. Even at that, highway pressure is ~19PSI.

That's assuming there's nothing else inside the tires except air and tubes.

//greg//

/ Tire Preasure
Thank you all for the help.

/ Tire Preasure #10  
Kratos, I recommend you try to look at your tires foot print, tire side wall and tire lug [bar] ground contact as a guide.

The tire side wall should have a bulge. I like to see at least 2 - 3 bars making full contact with the ground. In my Dads tractor shop and on our small farm the tire pressure had to be adjusted to what the tractor was being used for.....verses how much weight it was carrying etc. Full bar contact is where you get your traction from.

One example, say you where hooked to a plow, with proper counter weight, soil conditions etc..... you would see 1 -2 wrinkles in the side wall of the rear tires will pulling under load.

Another way to look at tire pressure for a tractor with a loader..... say the tractor is setting on flat level ground [or concrete], loader bucket off the ground and I set the tire pressure by looking at the tire bar ground contact only [not using a gauge] and I set all four with two and a half bars making full ground contact. I scoop up a bucket full and now I find the rear tire bars are not making full contact with the ground, the side wall got more straight at the same time. I may need to add more counter weight or adjust tire pressure if I have proper counter weight.

The front could/will change to ......... now I have four bars making full ground contact ........ then I may have to add more air to shoot for 3 bars making contact if more rear counter weight did not correct it.

There is a limit to everything and it is hard to find perfect but, adjusting the tire pressure by using full bar to ground contact as my guide will give me my best tire pressure setting for a particular use.

Just something else to consider and some things to consider.

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply