Tire Safety

/ Tire Safety #1  

Anonymous Poster

With the recent thread on calcium I thought I'd throw in something. I got caught by something stupid I probably should have thought of but didn't.

I didn't ask for it and certainly wasn't told by it by my dealer and it wasn't noted on any invoice but my BX with Turf tires had either antifreeze or calcium put in the rear tires.

The problem, I had the ass end up on a floor jack and was taking those cute litte LIGHT rear tires off to put on my cute little LIGHT ag tires on.

Couldn't figure out why the wheel was fighting me, thought it was stuck on the studs. Pulled it off and found out in a hurry as I was trying to keep from straining my back while trying to keep from going down hard. The sucker was not the usual 45lbs IT WAS 150! Try holding that in your arms. Thank god I didn't have this up on the garage hoist! (don't think it will fit anyway).

And this is just a Mighty Mouse BX tire. If anyone out there decides to take a tire off on one of their "full-size" compacts don't assume what you think is the situation to be true.

Looking at it now it seems funny, me rolling around on the garage floor wrestling this bear, at the time it wasn't.

Hey BOB (at the dealer) are you reading this? It wasn't funny!

In a recent thread about mailboxes I mentioned that no one is responsible anymore for their own stupidity, now I'm on the other side! Was it my fault for not assuming the tire WOULD NOT have ballast in it? Does Kubota ever do this pre delivery? The unit did come with a loader, but so what it also came with turf tires.

/ Tire Safety #2  
It is funny! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Your dealer heard you say that the little thing was so light that you could just pick the rear end up to work on it and has been waiting all this time for you to try it, while he was just rolling in the floor. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif