Ballast Tire swap & foam filling

/ Tire swap & foam filling #1  

newangusranch

I own a Massey Ferguson 1240 four wheel drive with turf tread tires (front: 27 X 8.50-15 & rear: 355/80D-20 R3). I would like to swap over to an ag type tread design. MF calls for changing wheels ($expensive$) in order to fit the recommended tires (front: 7-14 R1 & rear: 11.2-24 R1).

Does anyone have the recommended type tire and wheel set-up for this tractor (a version of an Iseki?)? If not, can you refer me to a source for either getting the proper wheels/tires or making a swap to my current wheels. A local dealer has suggested using an industrial type tread (27850 X 15 & 145 X 20) that would give me a more aggressive tire design without having to change wheels. I know that any changes need to be very close in order to not compromise the drive train/differential ratios.

The dealer also suggested getting the front tires foam-filled since I have been getting repeated flats due to multiple thorn punctures ($ but would save on frequent down time). Any problems with foam filling in your experience? Appreciate your time and assistance - BC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/ Tire swap & foam filling #2  
Sorry, but I can't help with the wheels. But I do have a MF 1455v with industrial R4's and have been impressed with the traction and additional floatation due to the added width over ag's which is important here.
I also have a problem with locust thorns, and have been looking at "ultra-seal". Apparently they have a good product that is not corrosive, and I also don't want to add weight so that's a factor too. I believe the ultra-seal is about 70.00 or so a gallon, and it would take two or three to do all four of my tires. That's still cheaper than foam and a lot lighter if that makes a difference. Don't have a web site for it, but do a "google" search if you're interested. I do recommend the R4's.