Tires to get??

/ Tires to get?? #11  
I can say that I have experience with the turf tires and a little with the R-4's. My other tractor had turf tires and they were great in the winter and on the lawn. The biggest down fall to turf tires is they load up with mud in the summer, then there useless. I chose R-4's for my new tractor for that main reason. Now I'm still unsure as too how it will be this winter, but I don't really foresee a problem.

/ Tires to get?? #12  
...........Someone mentioned wet grass and slipping, didn't think of that being an issue, but maybe it is.

....................Now I'm still unsure as too how it will be this winter, but I don't really foresee a problem.

There are a few places where I sometimes back up to make square corner turns. My B7500 had trouble backing up a grade in wet (or even lush green) grass pulling the 5' RFM. Rears were loaded and I never mow with the FEL on the tractor. The solution was to raise the deck slightly to get more weight on the rear tires. There is one sidehill spot that unless bone dry required 4WD to keep the tractor from crabbing its way along. When doing these same spots with the L3200 / 6' RFM / loaded rears / no FEL / 2WD it is more like operating on level ground. R4's on both tractors. The weight of the tractor and how the implement is matched to it has a lot to do with how the tires perform.

With 10 years of R4's on the B7500 and two more with the L3200 I haven't been disappointed with the traction in snow. That said, I do plan to groove them for added traction.

/ Tires to get?? #13  
The only reasons I would go with Ag tires are if the primary usage was heavy pulling or if you were working in a lot of mud or sand. Otherwise Industrial are the best choice. Personally I have industrials on the front and turfs on the rear. The turfs lose traction a lot but with the FWD it is not an issue.

well said!

/ Tires to get?? #14  
I've had two tractors, one with Ags and one with R4's. I like the wider R4's, they work fine for everything I do. They don't destroy my lawn like the ags did and so far I haven't had any traction problems.