tl100a with 52lc operating question

/ tl100a with 52lc operating question #1  

lars

I have a 2007 tl100a with a 52lc fel. Twice in nine years of owning it I've had the joystick cables to the control valve come loose from the compression fitting that allows adjustment at the operating valve which then causes the fel to lose ability to raise up......and both times my brother in law was driving it. It's an easy fix as you just re-center the cable housings in the fitting, tighten the allen bolt back up, and the fel works fine again. This time he was pulling a large round bailer and not using the fel...but I thought he told me he had the fel in float while making the round bales. I've never used the float but I'm curious if this puts additional movement/stress to the cables and could be what causes the cables to come loose? I'm fairly mechanical but not a real tractor driving expert so just curious what some experts think about the float function?

On another more humorous note....when it happened last week he called me and asked me what I did to fix it the last time it happened. As I had completely forgotten about it I told him I didn't remember but I'd look a bit on line. I googled the problem and came across a post that sounded exactly like the same problem on the same tractor............turns out it was me back in 2008! I'm not getting older I'm just getting a lot more forgetful:(

/ tl100a with 52lc operating question #2  
I've got the same TL100A/52LC combination in a 2004 model and I've never had that happen. Bought new, and now has over 4,000 hours. Not understanding the float thing while baling, though. I just position my loader in the spot that allows me good windrow visibility and never touch it again. Simple fix appears to be telling him to buy his own freakin' tractor, but you might use more diplomacy in dealing with in-laws than I do. LOL

/ tl100a with 52lc operating question
Having researched the float function on mine as well as other tractor loaders I've learned that the float function eliminates the up and down pressure in the loader hydraulics and would do nothing to the cables from the joystick to the loader hydraulic valve. And the only way to put pressure on the joystick to valve cables would be by moving the joystick. I have read where some have had difficulty getting the joystick into the float position and I'm guessing my brother in law was pushing or pulling the joystick too hard trying to get it into float. So my conclusion is the joystick had too much force applied to it and that is what caused the cable housing to come loose in the compression fitting.

/ tl100a with 52lc operating question #4  
That's quite possible and would appear to be the most likely explanation.

/ tl100a with 52lc operating question
I've got the same TL100A/52LC combination in a 2004 model and I've never had that happen. Bought new, and now has over 4,000 hours. Not understanding the float thing while baling, though. I just position my loader in the spot that allows me good windrow visibility and never touch it again. Simple fix appears to be telling him to buy his own freakin' tractor, but you might use more diplomacy in dealing with in-laws than I do. LOL

As you can see I responded just as you posted Buck and I appreciate your response. I came to the same conclusion that it was operator induced and I probably will let him know he needs to keep his gorilla hands off of the joystick as neither of us hesitates in giving each other what for. And I agree that I wasn't sure why he would be messing with the float while baling anyway??

I think my tractor has about a thousand hours on it and it's been pretty solid. Only problem I've had was having to replace a couple hydraulic pressure sensors that I believe were defective. At the time I thought NH should have warrantied them......but were simple to replace.

Thanks again for the feed back - Dan