TN75A Code 74

/ TN75A Code 74 #1  

Jdub3573

Tractor
New Holland TN75A
Can anyone point me in the right direction perhaps. 2008 model MFWD with power shuttle is, from what I can find, a transmission code 74 on the dash. When this happens it immediately disables movement. It happens randomly. Sometimes right after starting and sometimes 2 weeks later it leaves me stranded in the pasture. It may clear by killing the tractor for a few minutes then restarting or next day. Parking brake works fine as well as brake indicator light on dash. Thanks for any help

/ TN75A Code 74 #2  
My book lists fault code 74 as "ECM supply voltage too low". It says if the ECM detects the voltage at connector 2, pin 34, or connector 2, pin 10 is less than 9 volts for longer than 0.3 seconds. Result is it will disable the transmission. It may be re-enabled by cycling of the key switch. The error will clear when voltage rises above 9 volts.

Kind of sounds like your symptom, doesn't it?

/ TN75A Code 74
Thanks Harry. Yes but cycling the key only works occasionally. While running the voltage at battery is 14.3. I stopped by a local dealer and his source points to “high clutch solenoid”. Got home and put range selector in B-L and no issues yet.