TO-20 carburator problem??

/ TO-20 carburator problem?? #21  
I know this is two yrs later but I have had the same problem with carb,runs better with choke pulled on all the way,carb. been rebuilt but gas still pours out of carb.

/ TO-20 carburator problem?? #22  
I know this is two yrs later but I have had the same problem with carb,runs better with choke pulled on all the way,carb. been rebuilt but gas still pours out of carb.

Choke pulled (on) and runs better... Mostly points to running to rich (to much fuel, choke cuts of air, makes the fuel/air ratio closer to normal). That all would make sense if your needle and seat is stuck open and that sure dose sound like it is because of the fuel coming out of the carb. I understand it is rebuilt, but maybe not correctly, it happens. In short, check the needle and seat.

/ TO-20 carburator problem?? #23  
Oops... unless I'm mistaken, if it runs better with the choke pulled ("on"), that means it's running LEAN, i.e., not gettig enough fuel. The choke cuts off air, but allows the same (or more) fuel to enter the airstream, making the mixture richer.

On the other hand, gas pouring out of carb can likely mean needle isn't seating properly, but that would tend to make it run rich, in theory...??? :confused2:

Sounds like there are possibly more issues in the carb....

/ TO-20 carburator problem?? #24  
Yes, my mistake, backward thinking, thanks for the save.

/ TO-20 carburator problem?? #25  
No problem, MrSteve; hope I didn't sound too.."stuffy."
Sounds like maybe one of the small passages in the carb has clogged up again. I'll admit right up front I don't know zip about governors on tractors, and it sounds as though that might also be part of the problem...?

cty12890-- how you makin' out?

/ TO-20 carburator problem?? #26  
No not at all... It only makes sense if the gas isn't getting to the jet/jets, then it must be running lean.