To much hydraulic fluid???

/ To much hydraulic fluid??? #1  

Widgeonus

Tractor
2005 Kubota L2800DT 4WD
The sight glass on my L2800 cracked and had to be replaced. Don't know how long it had been leaking but there was a nice puddle on the shop floor. I lost some more fluid when changing out the sight glass.

After replacing the sight glass, I poured in enough fluid to get to the middle of the new sight glass. After running the tractor for a few hours, I noticed that the fluid was above the top of the sight glass.

So, my question is, can I damage anything on my tractor by having to much hydraulic fluid?

Thanks

/ To much hydraulic fluid??? #2  
If the level was ok when you first filled up and was over after you ran for a wile, could be only fluid has expanded or vehicle not level or hydraulic cylider not extended the same way. If you feel your going to loose sleep over it, just remove your filter and empty it. You may have to do it a few times ( running it after each time) to get to the proper level.

Usualy excess fluid might foam up and leak out the vent or to extream, pop a seal.

/ To much hydraulic fluid??? #3  
You have to REALLY overfill it to cause any damage. If it's over just take a bit out and carry on. Doubtful you will hurt anything with a cm or 2 over the fill mark, especially on the hydraulics as it's basically just a tank. Engine oil would be a little more sensitive to overfilling though.