Tomato plant life expectancy

/ Tomato plant life expectancy
It’s been in the low 20’s at night lately and low 40’s during the day. Green house has not gone below 44 at night and usually goes to low 90’s during the day. I have a propane heater but have not used it yet.
I have beets a few inches high, kale about 6 inches, and some romaine that just broke through last week.

IMG_0105.jpeg

/ Tomato plant life expectancy #13  
What are you using for the plastic? Just clear roll plastic or some sort of polycarbonate sheets?

I would think they would go til it froze them in there unless you have some heat in there. Taste will be off cause the sun is too low in the sky in the winter to ripen them! Ya they will turn red BUT not much taste!
Frost is the season-ender here too, but we do still often have blossoms even into Sept. Trouble is, being as far north as we are as well as being in a valley we don't get a lot of sunlight after mid-Oct. Not worth the expense of keeping a greenhouse heated for the winter...we'd also need grow-lights and as you said the taste just won't be there.

/ Tomato plant life expectancy #14  
Here at 39* N, late summer tomatoes just seem to stay green thru fall until frost. Seems warm enough for them to ripen- they just don't. Cant see a green house helping at that point.

What are you using for the plastic? Just clear roll plastic or some sort of polycarbonate sheets?

6 mil polycarbonate sheets

Frost is the season-ender here too, but we do still often have blossoms even into Sept. Trouble is, being as far north as we are as well as being in a valley we don't get a lot of sunlight after mid-Oct. Not worth the expense of keeping a greenhouse heated for the winter...we'd also need grow-lights and as you said the taste just won't be there.

/ Tomato plant life expectancy #16  
The greenhouse I am building will have twin wall 1/4" thick sheets that are 6' x 12' and I will cut them so I have 6' with a 1' bottom board giving 7' ground to truss height.
12' wide and 24' long.
I bought a bunch of leftover stuff from a commercial greenhouse that sold out and thats what they had on their buildings.
The main thing I want to do is start plants early. Might do a little testing on growing later in the season just for the heck of it.