Took the PE exam.....and got a new job.

/ Took the PE exam.....and got a new job. #21  
Welcome to the club. I'm a civil PE, passed about 6 years ago. Now you can go ahead and forget all that stuff and go to work. Heck, you can go be a garbage man for the next 20 years and still come back and be a PE. Wonderful feeling of relief isn't it.

/ Took the PE exam.....and got a new job. #22  
I am bummed:( I asked the Virginia Board about PE (Mech. Eng) and appears my college is not ABET certified - i.e. I am out of luck for PE:mad:
But my wife says that kids from Czech who will do a year or two of high school in States will not get credit for it either when they get back. Don't you think politicians should concentrate on important things like that instead of their typical BS? Just my $0.02:D

/ Took the PE exam.....and got a new job. #23  
I used to know a couple of product engineers who worked for a manufacturer in Tennessee. Both were from Hungary and had left when the Soviets had taken over their country. I have no idea to this day if they had PE certification or not, but they certainly had a list of US patents to their credit. They were great guys to work for.

/ Took the PE exam.....and got a new job. #24  
I PASSED!!! I got the results this morning. I can't believe I passed. I'm so excited.

Way to go!

My sons BF is a Civil Eng. I never realized how many hoops they go through to be 'qualified' to work independently until he was explaining it to me.

You are on your way.

Dave.

/ Took the PE exam.....and got a new job. #25  
I am bummed:( I asked the Virginia Board about PE (Mech. Eng) and appears my college is not ABET certified - i.e. I am out of luck for PE:mad:
But my wife says that kids from Czech who will do a year or two of high school in States will not get credit for it either when they get back. Don't you think politicians should concentrate on important things like that instead of their typical BS? Just my $0.02:D

I think if you can pass the exam, you should get the certification - otherwise, what does passing the exam mean?

Dave.

PS - Write your congressman.

/ Took the PE exam.....and got a new job. #26  
Maybe you can you get your PE in another state and then move the license to VA or get reciprocity for VA to recognize it?

Congrats to the OP. We need good engineers here.

/ Took the PE exam.....and got a new job. #27  
I started out using AutoCAD back in high school & college, then went to Microstation when I got hired on with DOTD, and now I'm going to have to go back to AutoCAD in my new job. I didn't like Microstation at first, simply because I was used to Autocad. Now that I'm used to it, I feel they both good, just in different ways. I think Microstation does some things better than Autocad, but Autocad may do other things better. I haven't used Solidworks much since college ('02), so I hope to get back into it. I'll also be working with Gibbscam since that's what they use for the programs at the new job.

Congrats on the PE. I actually thought it was easier than the EIT exam.

regarding the CAD, I prefer Microstation over Autocad any day. I started with autocad in it's early days, the went to microstation. I just purchased Autocad 2010, can't believe how hard it is to go back to.

/ Took the PE exam.....and got a new job. #28  
Congrats from a mere designer/tech. writer LOL ! I'll second the Autodesk Inventor, although Solidworks appears to be a good package.