Toro 580D Right Wing ONLY Blades Not Engaging

/ Toro 580D Right Wing ONLY Blades Not Engaging #1  

lindylex

Tractor
None
I have been trying to diagnose why the right wing of a Toro 580 D will not engage the blades. The front and the left side engage but the right does not. These are the thing I have tried so far.

- Check the switch at the wing that I assume let the machine know if the wing is up or down and that switch works, continuity changes.
- There is battery ground going to the two wires going to the switch. Using my multimeter I am attached to battery positive and then each wire.
- I checked the wires and the both have battery power when the PTO engage button is pressed and I switch the solenoids for left and right wing. The symptoms remain the same.
- On the PTO valve block I switched solenoid valve SV2 with solenoid valve SV3 and nothing changed. So that ruled out that electrical component.
- On the PTO valve block I switched R2BR and R2BY with R3BR and R3BY and nothing changed.
- On the PTO valve block I switched BY2 and BR2 with BY1 and BR1 and nothing changed.
- I replaced the deck motor attached to the main pulley driving the belts and blades and that made no difference.
- I placed the wire connection solenoid valve SV3 on solenoid valve SV2 and as expected as I lower the right wing the blades engage on the left. The rules out failure on the electrical side not having all the requirements it needs to initialize the pump.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: